Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    72 Global Posts

Default BEST launcher?

What launcher do you use and why? How does it differ from the rest?

Right now I use Apex and while I love the themes and customization options, I'm not sure if it's the best one out there. I've tried GO as well as others, and there are way too many ads and junk.
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,982 Global Posts

Default Re: BEST launcher?

I use Nova Launcher. So far I've had no problems with it.

Global Posts
    180 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ItnStln511 View Post
    I use Nova Launcher. So far I've had no problems with it.
    Second, Nova Prime if you are willing to spend the money. Its really fast compared to other launchers.

I use Nova Prime. Much faster, and more options, than any other launcher.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2
    cherrywithns likes this.

Nova Prime for me. Used Apex Pro before,and is very similar to Apex. I like how you can pull down the notification bar by swiping anywhere on the screen.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
    Note 3 on AT&T

I use TSF Shell. A little pricy but absolutely gorgeous launcher. Very smooth. And it works well on both my SGS3 and N7.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    mightyfacundo likes this.
    Just a cool guy

ROM
    Unrooted with Nova Prime

Nova Prime. I tried it. I loved it. I kept it. Works flawlessly for me.
    pontiac005 likes this.

Nova Prime. Fast and functional.

I have Nova, is it worth $4 for the prime upgrade, I love the free version and would throw them $2 just to show, how much I like it, but but I want more for $4...

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Android Central Forums

Nova Prime here. Disliked Go Launcher and Touchwiz. Never tried Apex
    ladyc0524 likes this.

Can anyone give me a little information on how a different launcher changes the experience from touchwiz?

Do you need to root your phone to change the launcher?
    Just a cool guy

ROM
    Unrooted with Nova Prime

Quote Originally Posted by arriflexFL View Post
    Can anyone give me a little information on how a different launcher changes the experience from touchwiz?

Do you need to root your phone to change the launcher?
    Nope. No rooting necessary. Different launchers basically just let you make changes to the user interface that TouchWiz won't allow. For instance, I use Nova Prime because I like to have multiple and scrollable dock pages. I have three dock pages that contain folders of apps. I use the docks instead of regular home pages for the most common apps I use. Then I can populate the home screens with widgets. But really, the possibilities are endless. I think most of the popular launchers have YouTube videos done either by the developers or people conducting reviews. Check those out for some ideas of what they can do.

I'd suggest looking into a few launchers and checking out the ones you think seem the nicest. I'd recommend Nova. There is a free version you can test to see if you like it. Other popular ones are Apex (very similar to Nova), GoLauncher (be careful, they're a Chinese company and there have been grumblings about how they mine data...it's a good launcher, though, with a TON of themes available), ADW, and LauncherPro (not really in development any more). Zeam is another one, but it's really simple. Oh, and Action Launcher seems to be a really popular new one (good developer).

No one can tell you what the "best" launcher is because your criteria for what makes a launcher great won't be the same as everyone else. Just try a few and see what you like.

Good luck!
    Thanked by 4:
    fluffygood likes this.

My favorite is Nova Launcher for the simple reason that it's the only one that supports GLOBAL Badge Notification (those little red #'s) because once you get use to them you can't go without em!

Here's how--> [HOW-TO] Guide to Global Badge Notifications

ADW & Apex are good too, but without GLOBAL Badge Notifications (because SMS, GMail, Calls aren't enough!) they just don't cut it for my uses.
    Last edited by Lanhoj; 01-28-2013 at 01:09 AM.

i use go launcher

Nova is the best! Easy to use, fast, and awesome

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 Boyyyyyy!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails BEST launcher?-uploadfromtaptalk1359710800229.jpg   BEST launcher?-uploadfromtaptalk1359710816980.jpg  
    - Using the Galaxy S5! -

Nova prime for me. Upgraded to prime because I like to see badges on my email and text.

Nova Prime here too. Among other things already mentioned, I love using gestures instead of buttons. That said, other launchers can do that too. Nova is just my preference.

might try Apex this weekend if I get bored just to see what the differences are between it and Nova

Nova Prime, here. I played with several others and love the Nova.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums
    Last edited by Uncle Reemus; 02-04-2013 at 07:10 AM.

Why not try out Linpus Launcher. Itdelivers more ways to launch applications within onetap, as well as the most number of free transition effects of any launcher. You can even choose to have a different transition effect for your Home pages and Appdrawer.

It also has a Quick Launch Panel - This is an additional shortcut panel. In setting easily set to launch from top, bottom or either side.

Nova prime. Very good launcher light weight full of feature. Highly recommend
    Thanked by:

I've always been a fan of Apex but so many people here seem to like Nova Prime I think I might give that a go.

I'm using Launcher Pro. I think it is most practical launcher. What I like most is the scrollable quick launch.

Nova prime. So far its the best ( my opinion)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Hey there, Atom Launcher team here.

We are super biased, but we think our launcher is the best. Super fast, nice themes and cool folder/customization features.

Give it a shot and tell us why it is/isn't the best launcher you have used... your feedback feeds us!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast