1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Weird email forwarding issue with exchange account

I was just informed today that when i forward an email to someone, the app is stripping the Date and time of the original email out. It leaves the user that sent it to me, the subject and all of the body, just the date/time is blanked out. Anyone else having this issue?

PS. I am using the stock email app.
    Galaxy S3 4.1.1
    Stock Everything

Global Posts
    14 Global Posts

Default Re: Weird email forwarding issue with exchange account

I'm seeing a similar issue with Nexus 7 and Nexus 10 in which the body of email and attachment are completely stripped while the header information is kept in tact. This happens when the emails are forwarded or replied... If anybody knows how to fix it, I would be eternally grateful.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Wow i really thought this would have more replies as i see this as a big issue. I am going to try posting on a few more sites to try and get an answer.

Hmm I have never noticed that before, but I can confirm mine is doing the same with date thing. Everything else seems normal. My guess is it is a bug in the email client with no setting that will fix it.

Global Posts
    503 Global Posts

YES I'm having the very same issue...I also noticed and have been told that the font in which my emails get displayed when viewed in MS Outlook defaults to Times Roman !! I've been looking for a solution to correct this issue with the help of my IT dept, but no success as of yet...the only workaround is to use a third party email client that kind of sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by LazySmerf View Post
    I was just informed today that when i forward an email to someone, the app is stripping the Date and time of the original email out. It leaves the user that sent it to me, the subject and all of the body, just the date/time is blanked out. Anyone else having this issue?

PS. I am using the stock email app.
    Galaxy S3 4.1.1
    Stock Everything

Global Posts
    503 Global Posts

I'm also having the same issue and have also noticed that my email font gets defaulted to Times Roman when the email is viewed in MS Outlook...unfortunately almost all my clients all use Outlook as their email client/agenda scheduler...only workaround so far are third party email clients...hate to resort to workarounds when Samsung and/or Google typically makes very decent products. Any help or advice would be welcomed.

Using JB 4.1.1

Any luck? I just noticed the attachment thing when forwarding and the missing date info today but have no clue on how to solve it.

I'm on a Nexus 4, fully updated (not rooted) using Exchange