How to turn off the OTHER dial tone.
I found the option to turn off the water droplet sounding dial tone with now issue. However, I still have a dial tone issue.
I use my S3 for work related calls, including bridge calls. I dial a phone number (usually 1-800, etc) and I connect to the conference calling center, then I dial a pass code to join a specific conference/bridge. When I dial the pass code, I get a loud sustained beep for each digit I dial. It's tolerable when I'm just using the handset. If I use a headset (wired or bluetooth), the pass code dial tone is at full volume and I can't find a way to turn it down. I have to disconnect my headset while the pass code is dialed to keep from going deaf.
Does anyone know of a way to turn off (or turn down) the tones heard when dialing AFTER a call has connected?
I did try searching the forum, but only found information on turning off the water droplet sound.
Thanks for any help anyone can offer.
- 01-31-2013, 07:50 PM #2
Re: How to turn off the OTHER dial tone.
I hadn't even thought to look at the settings menu when the phone app was pulled up. Thanks for pointing that one out.
Unfortunately, that option only shuts off the water droplet sound. The loud keytone beeps when dialing while on a call are still there.
I even tried turning down the system, notification, and media volumes along with the phone volume, but nothing reduces that in-call keytone volume.
Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD
- 02-21-2013, 04:50 PM #4
- 02-21-2013, 05:11 PM #5
- 02-22-2013, 09:01 AM #6
- 03-11-2013, 10:35 AM #8
- By Ken7 in forum Verizon Galaxy NexusReplies: 12Last Post: 08-09-2016, 09:07 AM
- By dharbit in forum Sprint Galaxy S3Replies: 2Last Post: 02-12-2013, 10:11 AM
- By snowwy66 in forum Droid BionicReplies: 9Last Post: 07-06-2012, 06:43 PM
- By the2ndflood in forum Android AppsReplies: 5Last Post: 11-06-2011, 07:01 PM
- By mdwright1032 in forum LG Optimus SReplies: 1Last Post: 05-06-2011, 07:18 PM