1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Straight Talk

Ok. I have read thread after thread on this subject. And I am just getting more confused. I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 through AT&T. When I called straight talk they said this phone was compatible with the program. So I bought the ATT compatible straight talk sim through walmart. It was a normal sim card. So I couldn't use it. I need a micro sim. When I called straight talk today, they told me my phone wasn't compatible because it went through ATT. Big question, is it compatible, and if so what do I do to set this stuff up? Any help would be awesome. And dumb it down...I can be dense

Default Re: Straight Talk

I know that you can buy a Sim card cutter (on eBay < $10 or elsewhere online) that can cut a regular sized SIM card into a micro sized. Some people have cut it by hand. Don't know if the phone will work or not on ST. As far as I understand, as the phone is a GSM phone and should work. I don't believe it needs to be unlocked either (someone correct me if I'm wrong).

Global Posts
    2,048 Global Posts
    ROM
    None Yet...

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Magm View Post
    I know that you can buy a Sim card cutter (on eBay < $10 or elsewhere online) that can cut a regular sized SIM card into a micro sized. Some people have cut it by hand. Don't know if the phone will work or not on ST. As far as I understand, as the phone is a GSM phone and should work. I don't believe it needs to be unlocked either (someone correct me if I'm wrong).
    You can get an ST mirco sim card from walmart.com

Or buy it a lone if you already have a month's worth of service. You can also use ANY att phone with this sim. Including the S3 right out of the box.
    HTC One (ATT GSM)
    Palm Pre- > HTC Evo 3D > HTC One X (White) > Samsung Galaxy S3 (White) > HTC One (Silver)
    If any of my posts help you don't forget to thank/like it!!

Im on straight talk with an att s3.
    i been with them for about 7 months.
    i bought the micro sim from them but theres something going on with staight talk now.
    you cant find att phones or the att micro sim on their site.
    we dont know if they are going to discontinue the service to att phones or what.