- 1 Posts
Ok. I have read thread after thread on this subject. And I am just getting more confused. I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 through AT&T. When I called straight talk they said this phone was compatible with the program. So I bought the ATT compatible straight talk sim through walmart. It was a normal sim card. So I couldn't use it. I need a micro sim. When I called straight talk today, they told me my phone wasn't compatible because it went through ATT. Big question, is it compatible, and if so what do I do to set this stuff up? Any help would be awesome. And dumb it down...I can be dense
- 02-02-2013, 01:16 PM #2
Re: Straight Talk
I know that you can buy a Sim card cutter (on eBay < $10 or elsewhere online) that can cut a regular sized SIM card into a micro sized. Some people have cut it by hand. Don't know if the phone will work or not on ST. As far as I understand, as the phone is a GSM phone and should work. I don't believe it needs to be unlocked either (someone correct me if I'm wrong).
- 02-04-2013, 12:41 PM #3HTC One (ATT GSM)
Palm Pre- > HTC Evo 3D > HTC One X (White) > Samsung Galaxy S3 (White) > HTC One (Silver)
If any of my posts help you don't forget to thank/like it!!
- 02-04-2013, 09:19 PM #4
Re: Straight Talk
Im on straight talk with an att s3.
i been with them for about 7 months.
i bought the micro sim from them but theres something going on with staight talk now.
you cant find att phones or the att micro sim on their site.
we dont know if they are going to discontinue the service to att phones or what.
- By geekconnection in forum Droid BionicReplies: 18Last Post: 03-03-2014, 06:13 AM
- By honex97 in forum AT&T Inspire 4GReplies: 4Last Post: 09-09-2013, 09:21 AM
- By lwlamar in forum Optimus V Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 2Last Post: 08-08-2011, 12:11 AM
- By churro in forum Inspire Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 0Last Post: 05-16-2011, 10:18 PM
- By dougeetx in forum HTC EVO 4GReplies: 3Last Post: 12-28-2010, 05:13 AM