1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default S3 Jelly Bean 4.1.1 Issues AT&T

Since I updated my phone from ICS to JB I've noticed significantly poorer battery life. I updated my phone about a week ago. Prior to the update I would get 4 days on a single charge (stock battery btw). Now things are varying greatly. Sometimes it lasts less than a day and sometimes it last 2-3 days. I have had the battery drain 30% in 2 hours when I wasn't using the phone with my normal settings. One thing that I am noticing is that my screen will not auto shut off anymore. I checked to make sure it did not change any of my settings (and yes the one where it watches your eyes is turned off). This might be one of the reasons for poor battery life. I also noticed that the Android system is using more battery life than normal. I haven't had much time since updating it to do an in depth analysis and was hoping some people would have some answers.

Also is there any way to get the "Mobile Data" button back on the drop down menu? I used that all the time and now the only place I can find it is in the main settings menu. I know there are some other issues I've had with this update but can't think of them right now.

Default Re: S3 Jelly Bean 4.1.1 Issues AT&T

I suggest a factory reset that will usually fix those problems after a os update.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I remembered a couple other issues. Google maps no longer can find my location. This is with wifi, mobile data, and gps. I also had issues with winamp for a short while but it hasn't persistant. With the screen off the music would stop after every song until you turn the screen back on. Has anyone else had similar problems?

The issue I'm having, is that every 24 hours, like clockwork, my contact list disappears. I shut the phone off and turn it back on and the come back. Just got off the phone w/AT&T and they suggested a factory reset. Guess I know what I'll be doing this evening.

I've had a few problems since the update, originally kept getting the google error. then i did factory reset. Now my problems are, keyboard settings dont stay saved. When i try to rotate camera in google maps, it just sends me to some random place on the map. and i have not been able to connect phone to pc via usb