Jelly Bean 4.1.1 OTA Update

JudH

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
Earlier today found our S3 downloading a large update (via WiFi)--THEN it asked if you wanted to continue. You'd think they'd ask BEFORE such a long download. Anyway turned out to be 4.1.1. I thought AT&T had decided to only make it available via Kies--which I don't use for syncing so hadn't got round to setting it up just for the update. Now I don't have to. Didn't even have to do a manual check for updates. Everything looks good for now. Guess time will tell if I need to do a factory reset.

inthegalaxy

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Looks like I'm going to have to do a factory reset on mine to clear all the bugs. And yes att put the OTA update around last month. And I heard I'm almost positive if u never update ur software att will push the update to your phone manually without ur permission.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

jeffreii

CrackBerry Convert
Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Looks like I'm going to have to do a factory reset on mine to clear all the bugs. And yes att put the OTA update around last month. And I heard I'm almost positive if u never update ur software att will push the update to your phone manually without ur permission.

If you hit the postpone button on the update a few times it will then force it on (I think) the 3rd try. However, if you just hit the home screen button to basically minimize the update and ignore it, you can do that forever. It will be annoying and pop up on you several times a day, though.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rakhikumari800000