My messaging app keeps crashing

Christian Nguyen

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
So for the past few weeks my messaging app keeps crashing, no my app isn't overflowed with texts because i clear my texts every 5-6 hours, but there are random times when i receive a text message and as soon as i open it and respond the text message history goes blank and when i press the back button it shows that i have no messages at all. Then when i press back again my message app doesn't exit and it crashes. and when i try to go back into my message app there are no messages and i still get the same problem of not being able to exit the app. Anyone know a solution to this problem?

keitai

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
I have the same problem, still trying to find the solution.
The app works fine after a reboot though, then starts crashing again after some time.. is it the same with u?

Mr_HitThatHoe

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
I used to have go SMS pro and I decided to switch back and now my app does open properly after I close it or it just crashes after I send a text and after that it crashes completely and will not load any of the messages Help!!

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
I'd suggest clearing the application's cache and data. This will delete all your prior messages, so make a backup if there's really something critical there.

Go to Settings / Application manager, scroll right to the "All" tab, then scroll down until you find the messaging app. Tap it, then tap the Clear Cache button. Reboot. (Clearing cache won't delete your texts.)

If that doesn't solve it, repeat the above but delete data and cache, and reboot again.

Scott McIntosh

May 31, 2013
Visit site
I appreciate the helpful answer to this dilemma however I have a major beef with the fact that the messaging app is very unstable. I've been a software developer on the windows and Java UNIX platforms now for almost 30 years and if I ever had to give my customers an answer like that about an app that I developed I would be out of a job! Where is the fix to this from Samsung or Google??? I don't see Apple users having these problems!

:-\

Esther Leota

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
Was a solution ever found for this? I have an htc evo and it loses all service once I try to send a text, but I can recieve them which is odd. I also can't delete any messages either because it force closes and returns me to the home screen.

Please help.. I love this phone and this is the first time it's given me trouble...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon