Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 6 of 6
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By mfreeland
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Not recieving My Texts

    I bought my daughter a Galaxy S lll a month and a half ago and she loves it. Works great. Yesterday it started not receiving text message from me. I get her messages, she doesn't get my replies. I have an HTC Evo 4G on Sprint, that I love and works great. She's on AT&T and we've never had any issues. She can send and receive texts from other people and I can send and receive texts from everybody else including friends on AT&T. She took it in to an AT&T store and they switched out the SIM card and still couldn't figure out the problem. We checked our block settings. She did a battery pull. She had another appointment and had to leave before they could figure it out.
    I'm pretty good at trouble shooting, and have rooted phones and know my way around Android pretty well, but this is stumping me. She gets back in town in the morning and if we can't figure it out, we'll take it back to Best Buy, where we bought it and pay for their insurance.... Any ideas?
  2. #2  
    DroidXcon's Avatar

    Posts
    11,644 Posts
    Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

    Default Re: Not recieving My Texts

    Quote Originally Posted by mfreeland View Post
    I bought my daughter a Galaxy S lll a month and a half ago and she loves it. Works great. Yesterday it started not receiving text message from me. I get her messages, she doesn't get my replies. I have an HTC Evo 4G on Sprint, that I love and works great. She's on AT&T and we've never had any issues. She can send and receive texts from other people and I can send and receive texts from everybody else including friends on AT&T. She took it in to an AT&T store and they switched out the SIM card and still couldn't figure out the problem. We checked our block settings. She did a battery pull. She had another appointment and had to leave before they could figure it out.
    I'm pretty good at trouble shooting, and have rooted phones and know my way around Android pretty well, but this is stumping me. She gets back in town in the morning and if we can't figure it out, we'll take it back to Best Buy, where we bought it and pay for their insurance.... Any ideas?
    Did you try a factory reset?
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: Not recieving My Texts

    Not yet. Seems weird it's just my number....
  4. #4  
    DroidXcon's Avatar

    Posts
    11,644 Posts
    Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

    Default Re: Not recieving My Texts

    Quote Originally Posted by mfreeland View Post
    Not yet. Seems weird it's just my number....
    I agree but if you can't narrow it down the last option you have is to wipe everything and start again
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

    Default Re: Not recieving My Texts

    Quote Originally Posted by DroidXcon View Post
    I agree but if you can't narrow it down the last option you have is to wipe everything and start again
    The problem was I was accidentally sent to the spam list..... Why the guy at AT&T didn't figure that out is beyond me. I checked my Block List on my end.
    DroidXcon likes this.
  6. #6  
    DroidXcon's Avatar

    Posts
    11,644 Posts
    Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

    Default Re: Not recieving My Texts

    Quote Originally Posted by mfreeland View Post
    The problem was I was accidentally sent to the spam list..... Why the guy at AT&T didn't figure that out is beyond me. I checked my Block List on my end.
    glad you got this resolved. Reps are trained to sell not to know what they are doing.
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-03-2012, 10:34 AM
  2. People not receiving my texts
    By i mow grass in forum LG Optimus S
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-04-2011, 02:10 PM
  3. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-10-2010, 11:41 AM
  4. Google Voice not recieving voicemail or SMS
    By tennvol in forum Motorola Droid
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-17-2009, 01:02 PM
  5. gmails in "all mail" folder labeled as "inbox" not in my "inbox"
    By largeselection in forum Motorola Droid
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-10-2009, 10:00 PM

Posting Permissions