Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    3 Global Posts

Default Stock Email Synching Frequency

My Galaxy S3 only has synching frequencies on the stock email app of:
    • Never
    • Every 15 minutes
    • Every 30 minutes
    • Every hour
    • Every 4 hours
    • Once a day

It had an Every 5 minutes synch which is now gone. Any ideas on how to get that back? I have reverted back to factory reset but each time I do that it only reverts back to Jellybean 4.1.1 and my phone had an earlier version initially when I bought the phone in January. If I recall the Jellybean update added the sync time of every 5 minutes whereas every 15 minutes was the shortest time on the previous version.
    Last edited by nodeal4u; 02-11-2013 at 06:53 PM.

Global Posts
    294 Global Posts

Default Re: Stock Email Synching Frequency

I have the same choices. Does yours at least sync every 15 min? Mine is set to that and only syncs manually. It used to auto sync but I deleted the account and re-added it to clear a bug and now I have to check. Not an issue, there are plenty of non-stock email apps that actually work reliably.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    3 Global Posts

Yeah, it did sync every 15 minutes but there was a 5 minute frequency which was okay, but I have work emails that I need to get as often as possible. I ended up biting the bullet and buying Aqua Mail Pro. So far it seems to be pretty good (just had a new update today). At least you can set up a custom sync as short as 1 minute. I just can't believe the stock email app is so generic and seems to be full of issues.

@nodeal4u... Did you ever notice an issue with battery life when doing push with the stock app versus what your getting with aqua mail? I use it for work email (Exchange) and found push was KILLING my battery, so I backed off to 15min and now my battery life is great.

So I'm curious as to your experience with it.