Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Speed12
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Preview SMS text on lock screen??

Due to the nature of my job, I am forced to have a lock screen. On my iphone, the first few lines of a new text would appear (and stay on the middle of the screen) until acknowledged. Now, the closest thing I get is if I HAPPEN to be looking at the phone when a text comes across, it quickly scrolls (very small) at the top of the screen. I am also missing texts because I don't always get the number/envelope icon after I enter my password. I have Go SMS Pro. Any workarounds? (I'm about 2 issues away from jumping back to the "i" word...trying desperately to stay w/ android)Thank you!

Default Re: Preview SMS text on lock screen??

Coming from the iphone, that is one thing I miss greatly! I used BiteSMS on the Apple side for the reason. The Android version is called ChompSMS. Give it a shot. I can get text popups on my lockscreen and reply, delete, etc.. with that program

Do you have your notifications set properly? Even if the screen goes off you should have a blinking light on your phone so you know you have something to acknowledge. I use ChompSMS like the above poster and I can always know when I have a text since the notification light blinks blue.

Highly recommend trying it out.

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums.

Quote Originally Posted by nortonthedog View Post
    Due to the nature of my job, I am forced to have a lock screen. On my iphone, the first few lines of a new text would appear (and stay on the middle of the screen) until acknowledged. Now, the closest thing I get is if I HAPPEN to be looking at the phone when a text comes across, it quickly scrolls (very small) at the top of the screen. I am also missing texts because I don't always get the number/envelope icon after I enter my password. I have Go SMS Pro. Any workarounds? (I'm about 2 issues away from jumping back to the "i" word...trying desperately to stay w/ android)Thank you!
    I use Go SMS Pro also, and when a new SMS comes in, I get a popup on top of my lock screen - can not only read it, but can reply to it right there also. I'm using WidgetLocker as a more flexible & full-featured lock screen - not sure if that makes a difference or not. Also, I don't have a password set, I just swipe away the lockscreen, so not sure if that makes a difference.
    Longtime BlackBerry user, navigating my way through the Android forest,
    sometimes wishing for a better map!
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

I installed widgetlock and it sits on top of the one forced via the outlook servers at my work (so I have to swipe and then enter a code). Using Go SMS Pro. I installed Chomp SMS. Still no luck - have tried Chomp with widgetlocker and without and GoSMS Pro with and without. still nothing other than the little icon at the top telling me I have mail. How is your Go SMS Pro set up? I have everything enabled for notifications.....
    thanks!!!!!!

Also there is a setting that when you pick up the phone and the screen is dark, it will vibrate if there are any texts or missed calls. It's in "motion" I believe.

Sent from the AWESOME Note 2 of a girl

Download Handcent app from Google play store and you will be happy. Handcent is solution. Make sure you make it primary sms app.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
    here4kids likes this.

I was able to achieve this by going into the messaging app and while at the list of friends tap on the menu soft key - select settings and close to the bottom there is a check box for "Preview" which allows a preview of the message on the lock screen.

@back_after_this