- 1 Posts
Jelly Bean Update Drains Battery (Google Maps show 40% to 50%)
I recently upgraded to Jelly Bean. After the update I saw battery is drained quickly than it used to be. Most of the battery is consumed by Google Maps app where as I don't have any maps running.
I have Google location services, GPS and Samsmung sync disabled. But still Google Maps consumes more battery than most of the other apps combined. What's the solution to this?
- 02-14-2013, 08:58 AM #2
Re: Jelly Bean Update Drains Battery (Google Maps show 40% to 50%)
If gMaps is using a ton of battery, you've probably got a run-away process. GSIFF Daemon would be a good bet. Look at this thread:
Android System eating your battery? Check this.
for ways to diagnose what process is causing the problem. A reboot should fix it GSIFF Daemon is the problem.
- By Staser9er in forum AT&T Galaxy S3Replies: 33Last Post: 05-14-2013, 09:41 AM
- By FSchmitthammer in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1Replies: 1Last Post: 02-06-2013, 06:04 PM
- By swindelljd in forum Verizon Galaxy S3Replies: 0Last Post: 12-15-2012, 11:15 AM
- By DevSteven in forum T-Mobile Nexus SReplies: 10Last Post: 08-02-2012, 07:09 AM
- By 1aziz in forum Google / Samsung Galaxy NexusReplies: 8Last Post: 07-23-2012, 01:02 PM