- 1 Posts
Jelly Bean Update Drains Battery (Google Maps show 40% to 50%)
I recently upgraded to Jelly Bean. After the update I saw battery is drained quickly than it used to be. Most of the battery is consumed by Google Maps app where as I don't have any maps running.
I have Google location services, GPS and Samsmung sync disabled. But still Google Maps consumes more battery than most of the other apps combined. What's the solution to this?
- 02-14-2013, 07:58 AM #2
Re: Jelly Bean Update Drains Battery (Google Maps show 40% to 50%)
If gMaps is using a ton of battery, you've probably got a run-away process. GSIFF Daemon would be a good bet. Look at this thread:
Android System eating your battery? Check this.
for ways to diagnose what process is causing the problem. A reboot should fix it GSIFF Daemon is the problem.PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.
If I've helped you, please click the "Thanks" button.
Have a Galaxy S3? Click here ==> Everything you wanted to know about your Galaxy S3
- By Staser9er in forum AT&T Galaxy S3Replies: 33Last Post: 05-14-2013, 08:41 AM
- By FSchmitthammer in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1Replies: 1Last Post: 02-06-2013, 05:04 PM
- By swindelljd in forum Verizon Galaxy S3Replies: 0Last Post: 12-15-2012, 10:15 AM
- By DevSteven in forum T-Mobile Nexus SReplies: 10Last Post: 08-02-2012, 06:09 AM
- By 1aziz in forum Google / Samsung Galaxy NexusReplies: 8Last Post: 07-23-2012, 12:02 PM