Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Would any of you?

Switch from the s3 to the note 2? Just curious

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Default Re: Would any of you?

Personally, no. While the stylus features are really cool I just don't have a use case for them. The bigger battery would be nice, but I still manage just under a day out of the S3 as long as I charge it a bit at my desk during work hours. Also, I have several friends with the Note2 that let me test it out for a bit and it just doesn't fit me. Although, I would love to see the improved gallery on the S3.

Global Posts
    716 Global Posts

At this point, the Galaxy S4 is only a few months away, and the Note 3 will probably be a few months after that. The expectation at this point is that the S4 will have a 4.99 inch screen with 1080x1920 resolution and POSSIBLY that new 8-core processor that was shown at CES. With that said, would you want to get a new phone with the possibility that the 8-core processor will be showing up for the S4?

Global Posts
    746 Global Posts

I would seriously consider it. I got an S3 instead of a Note because the Note was running a much older version of Android. If I had a Note 2 I would probably lose my 7
    tablet and just have the one device.

I would. I'm bored with my s3. I need a new toy.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    831 Global Posts

Octacore seems nuts given almost no apps will be optimized to handle that. That being said I still want I'm such a hypocrite lol.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

I was thinking about this. Two days before the AT&T Note 2 was released, I put in an order online, but somehow the order didn't go through. I ended up deciding against purchasing a new Note 2, and thought about waiting for refurbs to come out, which I estimated to be several months away. The S3 refurbs were out for $29.99, and I couldn't resist. I was tired of using an old iPhone 3G, was was quite slow, and didn't want to wait for Note 2 refurbs (I'm on a budget). With the $270 I'd save by buying the S3, I could buy a Nexus 7 (have phone+tablet with change left over) or have a Samsung Chromebook, or a hell of a lot of accessories with spare change.

I really don't regret this decision about buying an S3 in lieu of a Note 2 because I'm not a power user. I use my phone for calling, checking email/weather, some web browsing, occasional games (Angry Birds), some picture taking, low volume texting. Maybe I use the phone at most 30 min/day. I'm usually near a desktop computer which I prefer over any phone or tablet for web surfing/online banking/texting (use Google Voice)/email. Yes, the Note 2 is a superior phone to the S3, in my opinion. I don't think I'd use the stylus much. I don't think the bigger screen would make a huge difference to me. When I see the Note 2, I do have some lustful feelings. However, given my usage patterns, the S3 works well.

On a side note, I'm about 90% satisfied with my S3 except the battery drain issue. I'm getting a replacement next week to try out, but I think this is of an inherent problem with the S3. I can deal with it by rebooting my phone when I get home from work, which seems to be when and where the drain occurs.

Global Posts
    6,907 Global Posts
    ROM
    Wicked Sensations

For a straight across trade, yes. If it involved paying any money, no. I'm sure I could get used to the size as I did with my SGS3, and from what I've heard from personal experiences, the battery life is pretty good on the Note2s.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel

I did the switch and couldn't be happier. Didn't think I would use the pen much, but I use it all the time.

Sent from my AWESOME Note 2

I had the note 2 for a week had to return it because it was to big for me for a mobile phone.

Sent via Tapatalk
    Galaxy S3 w/ Hyperion 4200mah and Seidio battery cover & ZeroLemon 7000mah

I have small hands, thought it would be too big, but didn't take long to get used to. I now can also do one handed operation.

Sent from my AWESOME Note 2

Quote Originally Posted by wms3 View Post
    I would seriously consider it. I got an S3 instead of a Note because the Note was running a much older version of Android. If I had a Note 2 I would probably lose my 7
    tablet and just have the one device.
    I got rid of my Note1 to get a Galaxy Nexus which I just upgraded this weekend to a GS3. I personally got rid of the Note1 because it was too big to comfortably sit in my pocket while I was sitting down. It was fine when I bought it, but after losing weight, I realized smaller jeans had smaller pockets.

I'm hoping to start a small business soon and that's really the only way I'd make the switch. While I'm sure I could use the stylus now, I'm sure it would become a necessity then.

A friend of mine has one and I've gotten to hold it for a few minutes.

The only pros for the Note 2 that I perceive there to be are that the battery life is superior to the S3s, the screen is bigger, it has a stylus, and it doubles as a weapon.

The con is the size. It fits in my pockets fine (not sure how it would fit in my work pants), but I feel as though one-handed use would goes the window with the Note 2. My fingers are fairly long, but not that long. And the weight of the phone makes one handed use near impossible anyways.

I also don't see much of a reason to switch for most people. The screen on the S3 is more than enough for web browsing, videos, games...and while the battery life is iffy depending upon usage, it's probably always a good idea to keep a charger with you anyways. And I doubt most will perceive a difference in speed.

Overall I'm happy with the S3 and probably will wait to see what the S4 looks like.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

There is one handed operation for left or right hand.

Sent from the AWESOME Note 2 of a girl

I'm sure it exists as a feature but it doesn't seem as though I'd be able to operate the device as comfortably with one hand.

I think for me the Note 2 is too "in-between." Just a bit too big to comfortably carry in my pocket, like I do the S3, but not really big enough to replace a tablet. I'd like to see the stylus functionality built into a GS3 size device, though. My old Palm Treos all used a stylus, and for some things it's simply better than the blunt end of a finger.
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

LG G3 on Sprint. [Stumped and Bumped, Debloated, Startup apps managed, Trickster, Nova Prime, Swiftkey, G3 Tweakbox]--> Runs smooth as silk, now.

I'd like to see a built-in stylus for the S3 myself. But I've always thought all phones with a touch screen should have one. There are just times when it would make things a lot easier.