default music app on galaxy s3

geekymcfly

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
does anyone know how to remove the default music app on galaxy s3 and replace it with something else?

Why don't you just use poweramp and setting it as default or something instead of removing it.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Android Central Forums

Actormd

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
I would but as far as I can tell, there is no way for a noob like me to change the default music app on the s3. Do you know how? I have explored every setting that I can think of and I don't get to anything that I can reasonably tell is the right one to change the default music player. I downloaded Doubletwist player so I could d/l podcasts without having to sync up to the pc but I can't figure out how I'm supposed to make that or any other (amazon mp3, googleplay, etc) the default player.

geekymcfly

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
I would but as far as I can tell, there is no way for a noob like me to change the default music app on the s3. Do you know how? I have explored every setting that I can think of and I don't get to anything that I can reasonably tell is the right one to change the default music player. I downloaded Doubletwist player so I could d/l podcasts without having to sync up to the pc but I can't figure out how I'm supposed to make that or any other (amazon mp3, googleplay, etc) the default player.

open double twist up and it will ask you if you would like to set it as the default player.

Edit: I couldn't get double twist to set as the default player but you can reset app preferences in settings/application manager/reset preference

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

OhAlfie

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Just download the player you like, then download "Default App Manager Pro" which allows you to set the defaults of pretty much every program you have on your phone with the touch of a button. That's how I do it.