Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default default music app on galaxy s3

does anyone know how to remove the default music app on galaxy s3 and replace it with something else?

Default Re: default music app on galaxy s3

Quote Originally Posted by Actormd View Post
    does anyone know how to remove the default music app on galaxy s3 and replace it with something else?
    Why don't you just use poweramp and setting it as default or something instead of removing it.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Android Central Forums
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I would but as far as I can tell, there is no way for a noob like me to change the default music app on the s3. Do you know how? I have explored every setting that I can think of and I don't get to anything that I can reasonably tell is the right one to change the default music player. I downloaded Doubletwist player so I could d/l podcasts without having to sync up to the pc but I can't figure out how I'm supposed to make that or any other (amazon mp3, googleplay, etc) the default player.

Quote Originally Posted by Actormd View Post
    I would but as far as I can tell, there is no way for a noob like me to change the default music app on the s3. Do you know how? I have explored every setting that I can think of and I don't get to anything that I can reasonably tell is the right one to change the default music player. I downloaded Doubletwist player so I could d/l podcasts without having to sync up to the pc but I can't figure out how I'm supposed to make that or any other (amazon mp3, googleplay, etc) the default player.
    open double twist up and it will ask you if you would like to set it as the default player.

Edit: I couldn't get double twist to set as the default player but you can reset app preferences in settings/application manager/reset preference

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

did u figure it out cause im having the same problem and i don't want to restore everything all over again.[/B]

Just download the player you like, then download "Default App Manager Pro" which allows you to set the defaults of pretty much every program you have on your phone with the touch of a button. That's how I do it.