- 188 Posts
- 0 Post(s)
- 0 Thread(s)
I recently downloaded GSAM and have been watching my temps after my phone feeling pretty warm the other day. It was then operating at 99* and eating the battery up very quickly. I had no choice but to let it go all the way dead and stay dead for a couple of hours, after that I charged it all the way and the next day it felt just fine with temps not going above 85 or so... This morning it was working fine and then I played Subway Surfer for about 10 minutes and there the temps went up again to the 95-97* range.
Should I be worried about these temps or is this fairly normal, or should I just uninstall the game and be done with it?
Anyone else have this happen to them or am i just overreacting?
- 02-25-2013, 04:12 PM #2
- 02-26-2013, 01:33 PM #3
Re: operating temps
If that phone gets warm while doing something cpu or radio intensive, there's no reason to worry. It's a computer, after all, without a cooling fan. When the cpu is busy, it gets hot.
If the phone is getting very warm when nothing appears to be running, and the battery is draining rapidly, some program or process is probably running out of control. There are quite a few threads (don't look only in the AT&T section) about battery drain issues. Looking at the battery monitor in settings may give you some idea of what's causing the problem. A reboot will normally fix it.
- By crickie in forum Optimus V Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 1Last Post: 06-30-2012, 03:01 PM
- By JGR4444 in forum Motorola Droid Rooting, ROMs and HacksReplies: 13Last Post: 05-13-2010, 08:06 PM
- By tada1096 in forum HTC Droid ErisReplies: 9Last Post: 05-10-2010, 10:15 AM
- By jor-el in forum Motorola Droid Rooting, ROMs and HacksReplies: 5Last Post: 02-26-2010, 11:00 AM
- By durandetto in forum HTC HeroReplies: 0Last Post: 01-07-2010, 10:58 PM