Galaxy s3 camera and crashing

Craig Rogers

Banned
Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
Hello, I've been noticing a problem with my s3. I noticed the camera failed to start when I opened the camera app, and it said camera failed to start. I restarted the phone which seemed to fix the problem, but after switching the cameras from front to back the whole phone itself crashed and rebooted. I don't know what's causing this, but I'm worried it might be a defect with the phone. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

D16RR

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
In the camera app under settings there is an icon looks like a camera with curved arrows under it. That switches the view to front facing and back. I had mine on front facing and it crashed all the time :p

Voliam

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
The on board camera app could be corrupted. Otherwise, have you installed any picture or camera apps? There could be a conflict between them.

Craig Rogers

Banned
Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
Thanks everybody! I noticed it was related to a totally different problem, it was just a coincidence it happened during camera usage.

tedbearclaw

May 6, 2012
Visit site
Yes I am curious to know what the issue was. I myself in the past week have had issues with my camera falling to start and the only way to fix it was to reboot my phone

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Craig Rogers

Banned
Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
For everybody else, I also found a small problem with the camera app when it was on a certain camera (the front one). Its just glitchy, I recommend a play store camera app and disabling the regular camera app. But, I would recommend also checking all of your apps that interact with the camera to see if one of them is causing the problems

Last edited:

Craig Rogers

Banned
Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
It was because of a side loaded camera application for identifying objects taken with the camera, and whenever I opened the camera that would cause it to fail and the ram usage would shoot sky high causing the phone to jam and reboot. Removing it fixed all of my problems.

richcuffs

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
I have a noticed a similar issue a few times, once i open the camera it immediately closes, i think it's related to memory because once i clear my memory it works fine. I may be wrong however, because my phone also takes a couple minutes after boot to be able to open, and keep open, an any app.

Sent from my SGH-T999V using Tapatalk 2

hailu Yimam

Feb 17, 2017
Visit site
Hello, I've been noticing a problem with my s3. I noticed the camera failed to start when I opened the camera app, and it said camera failed to start. I restarted the phone which seemed to fix the problem, but after switching the cameras from front to back the whole phone itself crashed and rebooted. I don't know what's causing this, but I'm worried it might be a defect with the phone. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.