Is it possible to temporarily disable Mobile?

mamanak

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
On my Galaxy Samsung S3 when swiping the notification menu down, I used to get a list of icons that scroll across that includes Wifi, Mobile, bluetooth, Gps, Sound, etc. I listen to internet radio all night when on travel to help me sleep. I would normally use the hotel's Wifi and disable the Mobile, so if their wifi go down it will stop playing music and won't automatically switch to Mobile and use up all my data. Now that my phone has upgraded to Android 4.1.1 the Mobile icon is no longer an avail choice on this menu. Is it still available to disable Mobile temporarily? Thank you.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Go to settings > more settongs > mobile networks and uncheck mobile data.

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Another option is to turn on the airplane mode and then turn on WiFi and in the morning turn off airplane mode.

Frank

You could do that but then your phone is completely offline so you couldn't receive a call if someone called in the middle of the night (emergency or whatever). I'd say just disable the mobile data and be good :)

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums.

here4kids

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
we were able to do it with ics (from pull down notification bar) but they removed it with jb.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

here4kids

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
oops.... so I have a data toggle app on my first page. I use data enabler.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty