Full bars and can't make calls??
Currently, I'm in a place with no 4G or wifi signal at all. Once I get to the spot where I have 4 bars and try to make a call, a dialog box pops up and says "Emergency calls only". Once my signal comes back, why does this pop up?? Is there some kind of 4G signal booster that can be attached to the phone like a small antenna?
- 03-12-2013, 09:41 PM #2
Re: Full bars and can't make calls??
Any chance you're roaming when you're trying to make a call? There's an option in settings to allow calls during roaming. If that's not checked, it probably only allows emergency calls while roaming.
4G is only for data; it has nothing to do with voice calling at all, and the bars in the notification area show the voice signal strength, not 4G.PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. Otherwise, it's like calling your doctor and saying "My head hurts." Your doctor can't treat you unless he knows whether you have a headache or a concussion, and we can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they occurred.
If I've helped you, please press the Thanks button.
Have a Galaxy S3? Click here ==> Everything you wanted to know about your Galaxy S3
- 03-13-2013, 11:07 AM #4
- 03-13-2013, 11:10 AM #5
- By bsagmoe in forum HTC EVO 4G LTE Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 3Last Post: 11-13-2012, 04:28 PM
- By bc2k in forum HTC EVO 4G LTEReplies: 3Last Post: 06-05-2012, 01:01 PM
- By olliedroid in forum Optimus V Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 2Last Post: 05-19-2011, 12:48 PM
- By Droid_Vader in forum Motorola Droid XReplies: 21Last Post: 10-08-2010, 12:50 PM
- By gabbott in forum HTC EVO 4GReplies: 0Last Post: 06-04-2010, 02:32 PM