Contacts & Calendar Synching

randun

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
I have a question that I know has been addressed hundreds of times I'll definitely be upgrading from the S3 to the S4 so thought that I'd ask now.

I don't want to run into this issue when I do upgrade. I don't use Gmail & but would consider it if there was an app available to sync with Outlook. I use Outlook exclusively, & always will. My problem is that my Contacts & Calendar have never synched correctly (obviously) since I didn't follow the Google-oriented setup.

I currently use Deja Office with Outlook to sync these items, & more, but I can't set ringtones, etc. Can someone point me to a good workaround to bypass using Gmail or an easy way to integrate. I want to sync my contacts & calendar only for my phone, LinkedIn, & Facebook, & that's it.

I just don't want to be in the same predicament when the S4 finally rolls out for AT&T.

Thanks.

Sent From My Samsung Galaxy S III (SGH-I747) Using Tapatalk 2

mty msi

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
You don't say what you're using for an email client. I use MS Exchange Server and my Outlook calendar/contacts sync.

What I can't figure out about the contacts is why they aren't all in one place. I have some in the screen you get when you press contacts from the home screen, some in the groups section as "not assigned" and some in the groups section as "My contacts" not sure why they're in 3 different places and don't know how to get them all in one place. I have "all contacts" selected as contacts to display. When I get a chance I'm going to go to my local AT&T corporate store to see if they can help me out.

randun

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
You don't say what you're using for an email client. I use MS Exchange Server and my Outlook calendar/contacts sync.

What I can't figure out about the contacts is why they aren't all in one place. I have some in the screen you get when you press contacts from the home screen, some in the groups section as "not assigned" and some in the groups section as "My contacts" not sure why they're in 3 different places and don't know how to get them all in one place. I have "all contacts" selected as contacts to display. When I get a chance I'm going to go to my local AT&T corporate store to see if they can help me out.

I'm using Outlook standalone, not Exchange.

I've never been able to sync my phone's contacts & calendar reliably since upgrading from my good old Captivate. It's all about being in a Google-driven environment.

anon(631531)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
I'm using Outlook standalone, not Exchange.

I've never been able to sync my phone's contacts & calendar reliably since upgrading from my good old Captivate. It's all about being in a Google-driven environment.

If you don't mind me asking, what don't you like about Google?

randun

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
If you don't mind me asking, what don't you like about Google?

Missed your question. Nothing against Google per se. I just don't use it for email or calendar. In addition, whether I'm right or wrong, I feel there are enough privacy issues to deal with using their other apps so don't want my email potentially compromised too.

GCyr42

Sep 28, 2012
Visit site
I use Outlook 2010 (not Exchange) on my PC and I've been syncing my contacts and calendar between it and my S3 (SGH-I747) using MyPhoneExplorer by FJ & Peter Headland. I tried several programs when I switch from an iPhone 4 last year and did NOT want to go the Goggle route. This app works for me. Give it a try and see if it works for you.

randun

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
I use Outlook 2010 (not Exchange) on my PC and I've been syncing my contacts and calendar between it and my S3 (SGH-I747) using MyPhoneExplorer by FJ & Peter Headland. I tried several programs when I switch from an iPhone 4 last year and did NOT want to go the Goggle route. This app works for me. Give it a try and see if it works for you.

Thanks for the tip. Will do.

randun

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site

Sorry to bug you again but I just checked out MyPhoneExplorer on Google Play & many of the reviews mentioned serious malware issues with the PC desktop client. What has your experience been?

GCyr42

Sep 28, 2012
Visit site
Sorry to bug you again but I just checked out MyPhoneExplorer on Google Play & many of the reviews mentioned serious malware issues with the PC desktop client. What has your experience been?

I just searched for MyPhoneExplorer client on Google search and only found reviews, none of which mentioned malware issues. That's not to say there couldn't be any. I use MalWareBytes Anti-Malware and MS Security Essentials on Windows 7--neither of which have alerted about any type of problem on the PC client. Until I hear otherwise or I'm alerted about a problem, I plan to continue using MyPhoneExplorer because it's the only program I found that works with Outlook and I tried several, including paid ones, when I moved to my S3.

randun

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
I just searched for MyPhoneExplorer client on Google search and only found reviews, none of which mentioned malware issues. That's not to say there couldn't be any. I use MalWareBytes Anti-Malware and MS Security Essentials on Windows 7--neither of which have alerted about any type of problem on the PC client. Until I hear otherwise or I'm alerted about a problem, I plan to continue using MyPhoneExplorer because it's the only program I found that works with Outlook and I tried several, including paid ones, when I moved to my S3.

I forgot to Google Search as well as look at Play reviews. Ironically, we have almost the same setups on our PCs. I use SUPER ANTI-SPYWARE PRO instead of Anti-Malware.

GCyr42

Sep 28, 2012
Visit site
I forgot to Google Search as well as look at Play reviews. Ironically, we have almost the same setups on our PCs. I use SUPER ANTI-SPYWARE PRO instead of Anti-Malware.

So, were you able to sync your contacts and calendar??

randun

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
So, were you able to sync your contacts and calendar??

Not yet. Taxes have taken all of my spare time. :) I've downloaded both clients though. I'll definitely let you know how it works out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12