- 3 Posts
S3 mic doesn't work
I was using my S3 in the bath tub ( I know, I was being stupid) and it slipped out of my hands and some water got splashed on to it (the phone was not completely submerged). Being my stupid self, I dried it off and continued playing with it, as nothing seemed out of the ordinary. The speakers worked and the phone turned on as normal.
About 1 hour later, I tried to call a friend. For some reason, my friend couldn't hear me. I could hear him though. After this incident, I took out my battery and SIM card and put the phone into a bowl of rice, as I heard that dried out the water. About 4 hours later, I took the phone out of the rice and tried to call someone again, but alas I had the same results as before, and they couldn't hear me. How long should I keep it in the rice, and is there anything else I can do? Such as factory resetting?
Thanks a bunch!
- 06-04-2013, 11:37 AM #2
- 1 Posts
Re: S3 mic doesn't work
To the right of your charging port is a tiny pinhole- this is your microphone. If you're holding your phone with your left hand, odds are very good that you're covering this hole with your pinky, as I was doing. I tried all the other crap: changing settings, cleaning out microphone, but my pinky occluding the microphone was the problem. A shameful design flaw on Samsung's part.
- 06-04-2013, 09:45 PM #3
- By lordking55 in forum Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300Replies: 7Last Post: 01-23-2016, 09:59 PM
- By MiniLily in forum Samsung Galaxy S3Replies: 6Last Post: 02-14-2013, 09:12 AM
- By cbuc2 in forum HTC EVO 4G LTEReplies: 4Last Post: 11-19-2012, 03:52 PM
- By wileykiley in forum IntroductionsReplies: 0Last Post: 06-05-2012, 08:41 PM
- By nemirn in forum Virgin Mobile Optimus VReplies: 7Last Post: 06-02-2011, 03:54 AM