Best way to get Att S3 unlocked....

zrxoa1

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I am currently a Verizon customer, have been for over 20 years (same number....). I am not happy with Verizon and I am thinking of leaving. The rest of my family will stay, I wil be only one leaving (5 lines...). I want to try out Att service via mvno carriers. I currently have a BlackWireless SIM but nothing to use it in. I had a Google Nexus 4 but it went bad (would not read ANY SIM cards...) four days after I got it and my replacement sent two days later was bad right out of the box, same problem. So I just sent them both back and asked for a refund.

So here I set, no gsm phone to use. I need to see how that BlackWireless sim is doing before my refill date comes up. I had the card for three days then suddenly it dropped to Edge speed. When I called the BW customer service, and struggled with the Indian accents, they told me my card should be working. Said they would reset my data, but then my phone went bad and I have no way to check it.

So I have been looking at the S3. I got my wife one on Verizon and it is very nice. I have looked at the International versions but don't know where to get one new and the ones on Swappa are rooted and on custom roms. I want a stock one.

I have seen two unlocked ones sell on 1saleaday.com but one was pebble blue (same color as my wife's...confusing maybe...) and the other black.. Yuk.

I like the red version from Att, but how can I get one and get it unlocked?? Any tips?

Thanks!!

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
I had a Google Nexus 4 but it went bad (would not read ANY SIM cards...) four days after I got it and my replacement sent two days later was bad right out of the box, same problem.
<snip>
I had the card for three days then suddenly it dropped to Edge speed. When I called the BW customer service, and struggled with the Indian accents, they told me my card should be working. Said they would reset my data, but then my phone went bad and I have no way to check it.

I would not be putting that SIM card in another phone.
Check eBay and Amazon for the red one.

zrxoa1

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
The sim is fine. Have it in old iPhone 2g right now, but of course it is impossible for more than edge speed anyway. But it works fine otherwise...

zrxoa1

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
UPDATE....

I found a red S3, unlocked, on Amazon. Thanks for that suggestion. LOL, I had looked everywhere but there! Haha, don't know why I didn't think of that!

zrxoa1

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Got the S3 in today. Not sure how well I like it yet

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums