- 5 Posts
Samsung Galaxy S3 on Straight Talk
This is a very very much talked about topic. But mine is entirely different case.
I have Verizon SGS3. But it's unlocked and can work on the AT&T 4G HSPA Frequency.
Bought a Light Blue BYOP SIM. Cut it into Micro SIM Size and put in SGS3.
Now, I browse different forums and try to enter APN SETTINGS.
But cannot enter new APN Settings in menu, more settings, Mobile Networks, APN Settings. I don't know why.
Next I bought APN Manager pro. Still no luck.
Then downloaded HiAPN.
Then I'm able to enter only first field.
Now I'm getting EDGE speeds or 2G speeds.
How can I get 4G speeds???
- 04-23-2013, 09:29 AM #2
- 04-30-2013, 02:52 AM #3
- 12 Posts
Re: Samsung Galaxy S3 on Straight Talk
Do you have an ATT SIM ? If so, here is what works for me, granted my S3 is an unlocked i747.
Port - 80
MMS Proxy 188.8.131.52
MMS Port 80
That's it, and it has worked since Dec. However, lately I have been experiencing ye old WTF? inconsistent Data and some issues with calls . I called them yesterday about my issues and at first they said there have been changes to the APN but then they said "so,mething was not set correctly on your account. Today was so-so. I am seriously ready to just switch to RedPocket or AirVoice. Advantage of Prepay
- By morton8683 in forum Samsung Galaxy S3Replies: 14Last Post: 11-27-2014, 05:17 AM
- By terminalinfinity in forum Other US CarriersReplies: 5Last Post: 02-24-2014, 08:30 PM
- By Jesse Stillwell1 in forum Samsung Galaxy S3Replies: 0Last Post: 01-18-2013, 09:00 PM
- By Jesse Stillwell1 in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 2Last Post: 01-18-2013, 01:39 PM
- By goin_nil in forum Samsung Galaxy S3Replies: 7Last Post: 09-11-2012, 07:38 PM