1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    290 Global Posts

Default maps now

Sometimes the Google Maps app goes nuts and eats up my battery. Even after holding the home button and clearing all the recent apps, it still chews away. A restart fixes it. I've heard that Google Now might be the culprit, as this started after the 411 update. I could live without Google Now. It used to be cool, if I had the address of an appt in calendar, it would give me a pop-up telling me when to leave if I wanted to get there on time. Now it does that sometimes, and always long after the appt. Is there a way to tell Google Now to stop overthinking the project? Is there a way to kill it? Settings suggestions welcome.

Default Re: maps now

If you use Navigation, it turns on the GPS. After you exit Navigation, you have to manually disable GPS using the Quick Links in the navigation bar. If you don't disable the GPS, Google Maps stays open and uses battery power excessively.
    As for your Now issues, you might check the settings in the app. You may also have another app installed that could be interfering with Now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums
    If at first you don't succeed, READ THE INSTRUCTIONS!

Default Re: maps now

This happened to me after the 411 update, too. Both maps (even with GPS off) and messages separately eat between 7-15% of my battery daily. I go in and force stop them several times a day to help, but other than that I don't know how to fix it.