Sometimes the Google Maps app goes nuts and eats up my battery. Even after holding the home button and clearing all the recent apps, it still chews away. A restart fixes it. I've heard that Google Now might be the culprit, as this started after the 411 update. I could live without Google Now. It used to be cool, if I had the address of an appt in calendar, it would give me a pop-up telling me when to leave if I wanted to get there on time. Now it does that sometimes, and always long after the appt. Is there a way to tell Google Now to stop overthinking the project? Is there a way to kill it? Settings suggestions welcome.
- 04-28-2013, 06:57 AM #2
- 84 Posts
Re: maps now
If you use Navigation, it turns on the GPS. After you exit Navigation, you have to manually disable GPS using the Quick Links in the navigation bar. If you don't disable the GPS, Google Maps stays open and uses battery power excessively.
As for your Now issues, you might check the settings in the app. You may also have another app installed that could be interfering with Now.
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums
- 04-28-2013, 02:51 PM #3
- By xorg in forum SprintReplies: 2Last Post: 08-28-2012, 12:49 PM
- By xorg in forum Sprint Galaxy S3Replies: 3Last Post: 07-16-2012, 05:24 PM
- By xorg in forum HTC EVO 4G LTEReplies: 1Last Post: 07-16-2012, 02:54 PM
- By Biffer in forum Android AppsReplies: 15Last Post: 12-17-2010, 08:33 AM
- By callmebob in forum Android AppsReplies: 11Last Post: 02-05-2010, 03:50 PM