Changed Yahoo account password, now S3 won't log into account

hrdwhat

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
I usually access Yahoo email on regular Android email button. I changed my Yahoo account password on my computer, but my phone won't allow me to change the password and won't log into the account with the old password. I tried deleting the Yahoo account from the phone and setting it up again, but it still won't work. It says that the password is invalid, but it clearly works on other devices, so that can't be the problem. Any ideas?

GTWalling

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Try going into the main phone Settings>Application manager. Scroll over to All and then down to the mail app. Choose the mail app and Clear cache, Clear data and force stop. No go back to the Home screen and open the mail app. You will need to setup your Yahoo account again, but you can now use the new password.

Anonymous Cabbage

Jul 30, 2016
Visit site
This is an issue (as I believe) with the "Two-step Verification" on the Yahoo system - if you enable this it prevents signing in with this account on the android E-Mail app - disable this feature and you can sign in - then re-enable this and chose generate app passwords.

Its a pain but this will resolve you problem.

(all of the above assuming that you are using the correct password)

Hope that helps....

aRandomGadjee

Last edited: