Stock Music Player

lalmedina

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
Just wondering if anyone has experienced the stock SGS 3 music player randomly launching on its own. This has happened quite a few times. I seldom use the music player and the days I do, when I'm done, I exit the app by literally choosing exit. Also of note, the music player has randomly launched on its own even without me opening the app in days/weeks. Music never plays, it just shows the app open.

GTWalling

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Where is it showing that it is open. It may just be preloaded into memory as this is a function of the Android system and many other apps.

repligation

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
Are you using bluetooth with this phone or does it also happen when inserting the headphone jack? I have experienced the app occasionally launching upon inserting a headphone jack typically when I use the cheap cable that I keep in my car. It is very easy for a cheap 3.5mm stereo jack (with three connections Tip-Ring-Ring) to cross contact in the four connector receptacle (designed for Tip-Ring-Ring-Ring) and engage something that you don't want. Bluetooth can also cause this problem.

You could also try unchecking the Audio Applications check box in the Earphones Accessory menu. Phone Settings/Accessory/Audio applications

lalmedina

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
Yes, I use Bluetooth to connect to my car radio. I have an NFC tag on my desk to turn off Bluetooth, mute sounds and turn on Wi-Fi. The music player launched a while after me sitting in my office. I do notice that when I use my headphones, it will launch, and I have no issue with that. I pretty much like that feature. What is puzzling me is why it's launching on it's own accord while Bluetooth is off. It's really not a big deal, but I was curious to see if anyone was experiencing this and what the cause might be.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol