AT&T GS3 not playing music through headphones correctly

MoonlightSoldier

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
So the other day I was walking with my phone in my pocket conncted to my headphones in my ears. When I pass my couch my headphones get caught on them and get pulled out, I think its no big deal so I plug them back in and sounds only coming out one ear. I try a different pair and only one ear is playing on them too. I can only get sound in both ears when I push my headphone connector down more and hold it into the phone after I plug it in. So now I think there is a problem with my headphone jack on my GS3 and was wondering if anyone else has had similar troubles and could offer any solutions? I've already tried spraying the compressed air durst cleaner in there and it didn't change anything.

repligation

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
Sounds to me like you may have bent one of the last two connectors inside the 3.5mm receptacle out of place. The four connectors inside the s3 from the inside outwards towards the case are as follows: Tip-Left Channel, Ring1-Right Channel, Ring2-Mic, Ring3-Ground.

If you are inserting a standard three-connector 3.5mm stereo jack (Ring2-Ground, Ring1-Right, Tip-Left) into the receptacle, you may have bent the internal contact so that it is now just out of reach of the tip (or first ring). If you have a headphone set with four connectors (3 rings and the tip) like the one the phone came with, you may have better luck.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz