Any idea of when s3 getting a update for lovely at&t?

Amandab219

May 18, 2013
Visit site
I had a note 2 but It was to big and I missed my s3 and thinking it would get updated I went back to my s3 and of course still no update! At&t always says their last to make sure no glitches..ya rite u just want ppl to buy the next newest cell!!

HNNNNNGHHH

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I had a note 2 but It was to big and I missed my s3 and thinking it would get updated I went back to my s3 and of course still no update! At&t always says their last to make sure no glitches..ya rite u just want ppl to buy the next newest cell!!

Considering all the controversy involving AT&T and firmware updates, I thought you would've already picked up the message that AT&T is TERRIBLE with updates sooner.

Of course, if you really need the latest OS version, you can always turn to custom ROMs for that....

rong21

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
By the time ATT decided to push the update it will be old news. Oh wait, it already is.When they do everyone complaining about not getting the update will then complain about horrible battery life, in other words never happy. The 4.1.2 stock update won't have the multi window capability. If you own your phone (not a company phone) I say take control of this instead of ******** about ATT, root your phone and flash a custom ROM. Rooting is safe, fairly straight forward and uncomplicated as long as you read, read, read first

there are a couple of good, stable stock based custom ROMS with 4.1.2 and the multi window function, they also give you the option to install the stock apps you want to avoid all of the bloatware.

I'm running Axis right now.

[ROM][4.1.2] █║ Axis (SDS) ?`?._ AxisM RLS19 ? Evolve. - xda-developers

anon(631531)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site

Please understand that i'm a loyal AT&T customer. I have the SGSIII, and like you, i waited and waited for an update(that never came). I finally had enough, and rooted my phone to 4.2.2. Yes, i was nervous at first, but after reading up on the subject, i took the plunge. I asked so many questions at XDA-DEV, that i thought that they would ban me. All went well, and i'm happily rooted. You can always unroot, and be stock again. Read about rooting, and give it a try. Good luck.:)