Charging issue on gs3

rick_evelyn

May 21, 2013
Visit site
Ok I bought a gs3 a couple of days ago and the guy said that the charge port was bad after messing around with it I found that if I plug the charger in and ppsition it a certain way it reconizes a charger but after 5 hours of charging it only has gone up 11% I have tried 2 differnt chargers and still does not charge any help or suggestions thanks
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Did you buy this used? If not, just take it back.

But assuming you bought it used, knowing the charger port was bad, what did you expect?

Your best option is probably something like this: Amazon.com: Boho Tronics ? Set of 2x (two) 2300 mAh Batteries Now With NFC! (Supports Google Wallet) & 1 wall travel USB Charger - Compatible with Galaxy SIII S3 i9300: Cell Phones & Accessories Charge the batteries outside the phone. Keep at least one charged and ready to go, and swap them in and out as needed.

rick_evelyn

May 21, 2013
Visit site
I traded a skyrocket for it the phone works great other than the charging issue the phone looks great no scratches and as for the external battery charger I have one with 2 batteries

rick_evelyn

May 21, 2013
Visit site
Ok I changed to a tablet charger and it charged 10% in 45 mins is that about normal for the phone

rick_evelyn

May 21, 2013
Visit site
Can I use an energizer charging mat to charge a galaxy s3 if the charge port is not working thanks for any help

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
If there is a back for the GS3 that is compatible with the Energizer mat, then that should work. But you'll need that special back. Putting a stock phone on the mat will do nothing.