1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Google Play Music running itself

So i noticed the other day my Galaxy S3 was running a little slow, so I held down the home button to close running apps. I noticed that Google Play music was running, but I have never opened that app. I don't have any music on my phone. Is there a bug with the application? Does anyone else experience this??? Please comment back!

Global Posts
    77 Global Posts

Default Re: Google Play Music running itself

Quote Originally Posted by Chris8414 View Post
    So i noticed the other day my Galaxy S3 was running a little slow, so I held down the home button to close running apps. I noticed that Google Play music was running, but I have never opened that app. I don't have any music on my phone. Is there a bug with the application? Does anyone else experience this??? Please comment back!
    I had so many issues with the Google Play Music app after updating. I signed up for All Access. Long story short, everything works fine now, but I do notice that it sometimes runs in the background even when I never open the app. I looked at the play store and it seems the app was updated today, but nothing has pushed out to my phone yet.

Secondly, I spoke with a google play music support rep and they are fully aware of all these issues so hopefully they fix it. Otherwise, I plan on sticking with Spotify premium.
    ----------
    Samsung Galaxy S4 (AT&T)

I have the same problem. Started a few days ago. Had never opened the app. Updated it recently hoping would fix. But happening again. Opened it and did setup. Still happening.

I have the same problem... I BELIEVE, that the issue (for me at least) is that my phone is always connected to either a bluetooth headset or Sync in my Lincoln 100% of the time. As the bluetooth profile for these is "connected for phone audio", that it appears to be the catalyst for kicking off Google Play Music. So I can stop the app, while BT is connected, but when I leave the house and connect to Sync (or vice versa) it re-kicks off the app.

I'd like to figure out a way to stop it as well (without implementing some auto-task killer).

I have the same problem, original thought it was from my new Samsung Note 3, paired with my Plantronics Voyager. Glad to know that I am not the only having this problem. Hope that Google/Android fix this problem soon.