Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By grunt0300
  • 1 Post By studmule
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    3,877 Global Posts
    ROM
    Android 5.0.1(stock)

Default Go SMS Pro is at it again

My incoming text msg ringtone keeps doubling again. One ring from Go SMS Pro, and one from notifications. Can't turn off only one. It's annoying as hell, and i can't figure out the settings. HELP, please.
    Give yourself, to the Dark Side!

Default Re: Go SMS Pro is at it again

Quote Originally Posted by grunt0300 View Post
    My incoming text msg ringtone keeps doubling again. One ring from Go SMS Pro, and one from notifications. Can't turn off only one. It's annoying as hell, and i can't figure out the settings. HELP, please.
    GOSMS settings> receive settings> check "disable other message notification"

Posted via Android Central App
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    3,877 Global Posts
    ROM
    Android 5.0.1(stock)

Quote Originally Posted by tsells View Post
    GOSMS settings> receive settings> check "disable other message notification"

Posted via Android Central App
    That doesn't do it. In "Test Notification", i have Ringtone On, Vibration OnGO SMS Test Notification Ringtone On, Vibration Off. One of those, that say On, should be Off.

Have you disabled the stock messaging app?
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    3,877 Global Posts
    ROM
    Android 5.0.1(stock)

Have you disabled the stock messaging app?
    Yes. It's disabled and "frozen" with Titanium Back-up. How about if i wipe all my data from GO SMS Pro, and start over? There are too many settings on this damn app. What if i switched to the "Lite" version?
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Global Posts
    3,877 Global Posts
    ROM
    Android 5.0.1(stock)

O.K. Maybe this will help. The notification sound only "doubles", when i get an mms, not when i get a sms. No picture, no doubling. Hope that gives you an idea.

Quote Originally Posted by grunt0300 View Post
    O.K. Maybe this will help. The notification sound only "doubles", when i get an mms, not when i get a sms. No picture, no doubling. Hope that gives you an idea.
    I believe that might be a problem with the GoSMS app itself when you have a notification tone set for an individual and they send you an MMS. You should contact the developer(although their track record of responding to problems is not that good).
    It happens to me too, but I really never paid attention to it until now.

I solved the problem by uninstalling Go SMS and using another SMS
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Global Posts
    3,877 Global Posts
    ROM
    Android 5.0.1(stock)

Quote Originally Posted by rong21 View Post
    I solved the problem by uninstalling Go SMS and using another SMS
    That's my back-up plan, but i'll try to get this working, first.
    rong21 likes this.

In my opinion, the double notifications sounds on MMS are not that big of a deal. GoSMS works really well otherwise, especially handling pictures better than the stock messaging app.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Global Posts
    3,877 Global Posts
    ROM
    Android 5.0.1(stock)

In my opinion, the double notifications sounds on MMS are not that big of a deal. GoSMS works really well otherwise, especially handling pictures better than the stock messaging app.
    I agree, that's why i'm cutting them some slack. Contacted the Dev, and we'll see what happens.

I keep getting these such and such wants to be your friend through go chat. Anyway to turn this off? I uninstalled the app because i wasnt sure of the spam.

I have the same problem too. I tried setting it in default settings but still the same thing. It sucks. I joined this forum trying to ask for help.
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

Global Posts
    3,877 Global Posts
    ROM
    Android 5.0.1(stock)

Quote Originally Posted by polapola View Post
    I have the same problem too. I tried setting it in default settings but still the same thing. It sucks. I joined this forum trying to ask for help.
    I'm still waiting to hear from the developer about this issue. In the meantime, here's a work around that might help. Disable only the sounds within GO SMS Pro, and use the stock messaging app for your sounds. It's not a drain on your battery, and should work until the main problem gets fixed.

I think the issue is this: when a mms comes in from someone, go sms pro thinks it's a sms. then it realizes that it's actually a mms, and moves it out of a thread for just who sent it, and moves it to a thread for everyone in that mms. So it notifies you when it comes in, then when it realizes it's a mms, it notifies you that you have a new mms. I would watch mms messages come in, it would first put the message in the thead of whoever sent it, then it would move it out of there and put it into the proper mms thread, and notify me both times. I worked around it by installing an unofficial jellybean 4.2 rom, which has group messaging built in to the stock messaging app. Now mms works fine for me with the stock messaging app.
    grunt0300 likes this.

I disable the notification but i keep seeing those message in my notification bar. Please help its make me annoyed ! Thanks