Galaxy S3 Audio Problem

Joe Dores

Jun 1, 2013
Visit site
Just recently whenever I plug in any headphones, stereo system, or even my car, the left earbud/headphone works all the time, but the right headphone/earbud/system never works. So essentially whatever I plug my Galaxy S3 into the right side never works. Im thinking that its a hardware problem and I just need to get a new phone. Thanks

Raymond Tan

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
You might try looking at this setting. Setting-accessibility- , scroll down to "hearing" and you'll find a selection for mono audio. Also if you have a case on the phone sometimes that does not allow the jack to go into the phone far enough.

nyry

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
I had the exact same issue.. its a hardware issue and you should be eligible for a refurb replacement with your carrier if you show them that the headphome jack doesn't work

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Alextodd1

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
Just recently whenever I plug in any headphones, stereo system, or even my car, the left earbud/headphone works all the time, but the right headphone/earbud/system never works. So essentially whatever I plug my Galaxy S3 into the right side never works. Im thinking that its a hardware problem and I just need to get a new phone. Thanks

Hi! It is evident that there is a problem in speaker of your Samsung Galaxy S3, as i was facing almost similar issue like one before (although none of my speakers were working or had very bad sound effect). Here is a blog post here, I hope it will help you in identifying and solving your S3 Audio problem :)
Samsung Galaxy S3 Audio Problems and Solutions | Broken LCDs Blog

GTWalling

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Hi! It is evident that there is a problem in speaker of your Samsung Galaxy S3, as i was facing almost similar issue like one before (although none of my speakers were working or had very bad sound effect). Here is a blog post here, I hope it will help you in identifying and solving your S3 Audio problem :)
Samsung Galaxy S3 Audio Problems and Solutions | Broken LCDs Blog

How does correcting a problem with the speaker of the S3 have anything to do with the Headphones/Ear Buds plugged into the Phone jack?

Nigam Prasad

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Dear sir i'm facing in call audio problem. sometimes the other side of my call can't hear my sound. n a very high cracking sound that almost crash my ear n other side too. N i got latest filmware update also. i face this problem before update n after update also. any solution?

TheJudge

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I'm having the same issue here. Almost identical, but in mine, the right side does work with certain plugs when you move them around a little, but if you move them again the right side stops working. Have tried with many headphones, car auxiliar cable, factory headphones, and two of them were intermittent on the right side. The others just worked on the left side.

I slimmed a Q-tip down a little and removed a lot of dirt out of it, and nothing. Then, I used a toothpick to scratch the bottom of the jack and this giant piece of fluff and dirt came out. Went to try it again and still no luck. I looks like the jack is somehow loose or not making proper contact for some other reason.

I read that someone fixed a similar problem by removing the back cover and tightening the screws near the headphone jack. I haven't tested that yet because my screwdrivers won't fit.

Any suggestions?

Samsung Galaxy S3 i9300 (rooted).

Rahul Navale

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Hi. I am using a samsung galaxy s3 GT-I9300 phone. Recently it has developed a problem where the volume of the music player and video player goes up suddenly all by itself. I tried updating the phone software but that doesn't seem to have helped. It does not happen with phone calls, though. This problem is peculiar to media players only. Please help.

Trudel Ajayi

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
I had the same problem. All you have to do is go to Settings, Accessibility, scroll down to "Hearing" and select Sound Balance. This will give you the option to balance the sound to both speakers or in case you want to use one earphone, choose from left to right.

Coyot51

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
You might try looking at this setting. Setting-accessibility- , scroll down to "hearing" and you'll find a selection for mono audio. Also if you have a case on the phone sometimes that does not allow the jack to go into the phone far enough.

Hi, Raymond.
You know, I feel so ashamed... I had the same trouble and actually, it was just because of my case, just like you had the clear-sightedness to write here.
I had been using my S3 mini (very cheap smartphone but I got stolen my S3 a few months ago) for a month and everything was fine. Today, I was using the audio player and visited a web page. At the moment to watch a web video, the sound cut off in the right headphone. I thought it was the cellphone, some hardware issue because my phone hadn't moved between the moments it was working good and when the issue appeared. Found tons of posts in forums about sound troubles with the S3 and S3 mini... with loads of solutions. Reading your post, I removed the cover... :D TADAAAAA!!!
I'm a dumb and you're a genius, Ray!
Thanks!

Coyot51

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
Had once again the same problem. This time, it was NOT that simple.
Seems to be some software problem.
Tried a lot of solutions fond out in forums but all were wrong.
Last one was good. Installed SOUNDABOUT... and the sound came back.
Hope this helps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz