Another S3 4.2 Rumor

larladog

Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
Just saw on the AT&T Android forums that a guy called ATT customer service yesterday and they told him that they have it on their list that the S3 will be updated to 4.2 in two days (2-June). We'll see.

I have recently thought that AT&T would skip 4.1.2 since they were so late compared to everyone else.

brkaras

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
Just saw on the AT&T Android forums that a guy called ATT customer service yesterday and they told him that they have it on their list that the S3 will be updated to 4.2 in two days (2-June). We'll see.

I have recently thought that AT&T would skip 4.1.2 since they were so late compared to everyone else.

He was lying...no one in customer service has a clue

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

rizzymo

Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Don't believe the hype!!!!! They always give you something so you'll stop calling.

Posted via Android Central App

brkaras

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
Don't believe the hype!!!!! They always give you something so you'll stop calling.

Posted via Android Central App

Most of the time I know more than they do...I don't even bother when it comes to device support with AT&T

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Shawn Magm

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Just checked my phone and my phone is up to date with 4.1.1. I'll try again tomorrow. Maybe AT&T can fix the battery plummet issue with the latest firmware update.

Archienj7

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Just checked my phone and my phone is up to date with 4.1.1. I'll try again tomorrow. Maybe AT&T can fix the battery plummet issue with the latest firmware update.
Run it totally dead then recharging it fixed mine. Sometimes they need a reset and Juice Defender helps as well.

Shawn Magm

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
My battery plummet issue is likely because of the phone trying to lock onto a weak LTE tower as I'm driving home from work, and when I get home and switch to wifi, the phone continues to search. A soft reset resolves the issue. Annoying to do this, but at least I know what to do.

Last edited:

Archienj7

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
My battery plummet issue is likely because of the phone trying to lock onto a weak LTE tower as I'm driving home from work, and when I get home and switch to wifi, the phone continues to search. A soft reset resolves the issue. Annoying to do this, but at least I know what to di.
I don't have that issue. There is no LTE, not even spillover, in WV. lol