Can't update ANY Google apps, Music, Gmail, etc

ddiehl

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
As the topic states.. Only seems to apply to Google apps. Keep getting the error:

"Package file not signed correctly. Uninstall the previous copy of the app and try again."

I'm running Tasks rom, FWIW. I doubt it's a rom issue unless Google apps are no longer playing nice with non stock roms(?)

Anyone else running into this?

I'm able to get around it by un-installing via TiBu, clearing permissions, and clearing Play Store data. But that is a PITA and I don't get any alerts that a Google app needs updating..

One more thing.. I also noticed that the icon for the Play store has changed to the multi colored arrow,

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
As the topic states.. Only seems to apply to Google apps. Keep getting the error:

"Package file not signed correctly. Uninstall the previous copy of the app and try again."

I'm running Tasks rom, FWIW. I doubt it's a rom issue unless Google apps are no longer playing nice with non stock roms(?)

I'm able to get around it by un-installing via TiBu, clearing permissions, and clearing Play Store data. But that is a PITA and I don't get any alerts that a Google app needs updating..

One more thing.. I also noticed that the icon for the Play store has changed to the multi colored arrow,

Did you flash the most recent gapps .zip file when you flashed the new ROM?

mumbo jumbo

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site

I've uninstalled using tbu but then just booted into recovery and wiped dalvik/cache and installed from the playstore (never messing with any permissions) and I still get alerts on updates. Just a suggestion

Sent from my SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

rlopin

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
Having package error when trying to update Youtube on my TouchPad with Cyanogenmod. Installed TiBu, deleted YouTube App, cleared Dalvik cache, rebooted.
Now I can't even install YouTube from the Play store. New error: Incompatible update. Situation just went from bad to worse. Only recourse is you use browser to get to YouTube now.

Sigh.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
szcad