Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Can't update ANY Google apps, Music, Gmail, etc

As the topic states.. Only seems to apply to Google apps. Keep getting the error:

"Package file not signed correctly. Uninstall the previous copy of the app and try again."

I'm running Tasks rom, FWIW. I doubt it's a rom issue unless Google apps are no longer playing nice with non stock roms(?)

Anyone else running into this?

I'm able to get around it by un-installing via TiBu, clearing permissions, and clearing Play Store data. But that is a PITA and I don't get any alerts that a Google app needs updating..

One more thing.. I also noticed that the icon for the Play store has changed to the multi colored arrow,

Global Posts
    18,506 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: Can't update ANY Google apps, Music, Gmail, etc

Quote Originally Posted by ddiehl View Post
    As the topic states.. Only seems to apply to Google apps. Keep getting the error:

"Package file not signed correctly. Uninstall the previous copy of the app and try again."

I'm running Tasks rom, FWIW. I doubt it's a rom issue unless Google apps are no longer playing nice with non stock roms(?)

I'm able to get around it by un-installing via TiBu, clearing permissions, and clearing Play Store data. But that is a PITA and I don't get any alerts that a Google app needs updating..

One more thing.. I also noticed that the icon for the Play store has changed to the multi colored arrow,

Did you flash the most recent gapps .zip file when you flashed the new ROM?

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here

Quote Originally Posted by ddiehl View Post

I've uninstalled using tbu but then just booted into recovery and wiped dalvik/cache and installed from the playstore (never messing with any permissions) and I still get alerts on updates. Just a suggestion

Sent from my SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    443 Global Posts

Having package error when trying to update Youtube on my TouchPad with Cyanogenmod. Installed TiBu, deleted YouTube App, cleared Dalvik cache, rebooted.
    Now I can't even install YouTube from the Play store. New error: Incompatible update. Situation just went from bad to worse. Only recourse is you use browser to get to YouTube now.

Sigh.