1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default anyway to silent a incoming text message??

hey is there a way to silent a text message like you can with an incoming phone call??

for example I have a 30 second text message notification and i want to be able to silent it like when i press the volume buttons

Default Re: anyway to silent a incoming text message??

If you want to silent the phone for Calls and text messaging hold the power button in hit Vibrate or Mute - for just messages. Go into "Messaging" Hit the settings button (bottom left soft button) scroll down close to bottom to "Notification Settings" you can either Uncheck "Notification" or hit "Select Ringtone" Then select "Silent"
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by SlappyMcgee View Post
    If you want to silent the phone for Calls and text messaging hold the power button in hit Vibrate or Mute - for just messages. Go into "Messaging" Hit the settings button (bottom left soft button) scroll down close to bottom to "Notification Settings" you can either Uncheck "Notification" or hit "Select Ringtone" Then select "Silent"
    Thanks but thats not what I meant

Sorry, I was in a rush when I read this and didn't read your entire question. I just saw silent incoming text notifications.

What about the turn over to mute option in the motion settings? Granted that is only useful if you are stationary.

Try pressing the Power button.
    SGH-T999
    T-Mobile USA
    Rooted Stock 4.3 (No KNOX)

If My post has helped please hit the Thanks Button

Unused Ram is Wasted Ram

For a Samsung Galaxy S4:

Go to settings, my device, blocking mode and check "disable notifications." you can go further down to set the time to block the notifications. This is what I use for at night so my phone doesn't make a noise every time I get an email.

If you want to silence the sound it makes when pressing keys while texting, it's a little more involved. Go to settings, my device, scroll down to input and control and then language and input. Even if you don't have it chosen (I have Google voice typing checked), click on the right side of Samsung keyboard, scroll down to advanced and uncheck key-tap sound, which is the very last option.
    Last edited by DeAnne Christensen-Girton; 12-06-2013 at 08:19 AM. Reason: Forgot to say which phone this applies to