Galaxy S3 overheats in case?

YinYang0718

May 21, 2013
Visit site
Hello! I got my Galaxy about a month and a half ago, tons better than my hp veer, and I purchased an 'Acase Superleggera PRO Dual Layer Protection' case for it ( Acase Samsung Galaxy S3 case - Superleggera PRO Dual Layer Protection : Case ). I've had my galaxy charge in it before, and starting this past week, i cant charge it inside the case anymore because the battery temperature is high and stops charging while I'm asleep. It didn't do this before, and just started. I always exit out of any open applications (where you hold the home button) before charging it, and I only have facebook that updates all the time (probably will turn that off in a minute) . Should I buy another case? This one has saved my phone from the multiple times I've dropped it, its a really good case. I fear that if I take it off every night, the parts that hook around the edge of the phone will bend and the case will no longer stay on firmly. But at the same time, a rubber inner casing goes on first, then a plastic outer shell, to make up the case, might be too thick and retain heat. Does anyone have any technological suggestions for a solution? Or any suggestions for a different case? Thank you!
-Tessi

nickgalaxys4

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site
Hello! I got my Galaxy about a month and a half ago, tons better than my hp veer, and I purchased an 'Acase Superleggera PRO Dual Layer Protection' case for it ( Acase Samsung Galaxy S3 case - Superleggera PRO Dual Layer Protection : Case ). I've had my galaxy charge in it before, and starting this past week, i cant charge it inside the case anymore because the battery temperature is high and stops charging while I'm asleep. It didn't do this before, and just started. I always exit out of any open applications (where you hold the home button) before charging it, and I only have facebook that updates all the time (probably will turn that off in a minute) . Should I buy another case? This one has saved my phone from the multiple times I've dropped it, its a really good case. I fear that if I take it off every night, the parts that hook around the edge of the phone will bend and the case will no longer stay on firmly. But at the same time, a rubber inner casing goes on first, then a plastic outer shell, to make up the case, might be too thick and retain heat. Does anyone have any technological suggestions for a solution? Or any suggestions for a different case? Thank you!
-Tessi

I just have the two part case on mine GS4 (not an otter box) and it works fine. I got it from the Cellairis.com it's one of their band cases.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz