Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Fail (auth) in odin, mistakenly did a system wipe. Pleeasseee help before i start crying.

Good day everyone.
    Please, im using an unlocked At&t s3.. A friend went into recovery and mistakenly wiped the system. Now no Os is installed on the phone.
    I have downloaded three stock roms. Both rooted stock rom and normal. Now Odin keeps giving me Fail (auth) error. In all three. I can go into download mode, but sometimes j cant go into recovery until i flash it through odin. Recovery flashes just fine

Dont know why the roms cant. Usb debugging wasnt ticked before the system wipe.

Please help me.

Default Re: Fail (auth) in odin, mistakenly did a system wipe. Pleeasseee help before i start crying.

If you can't fix it, I think your friend owes you a new phone, or at least the cost of a JTAG repair. Worst case first. If nothing else works, this service can restore your phone for, I think, about $60: JTAG Unbrick Service Bricked my Phone

But first, Odin seems very sensitive to everything. If you haven't already, disconnect the phone, reboot the PC, and try again. If you're using a USB hub, connect the cable directly to a USB port on the PC. Try a different cable and USB port. Make sure you have the latest Samsung drivers installed (and reboot again if you install new drivers.

Look at this post: [Guide UPDATED] How to Unroot your AT&T Galaxy S3 (Return To Stock I747UCDLK3 JellyBean ) and make sure you're setting up Odin correctly.

Good luck.
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

LG G3 on Sprint. [Stumped and Bumped, Debloated, Startup apps managed, Trickster, Nova Prime, Swiftkey, G3 Tweakbox]--> Runs smooth as silk, now.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Fail (auth) in odin, mistakenly did a system wipe. Pleeasseee help before i start crying.

Ive used three different hubs.. Changed ports and didnt use any usb hub. I flashed recovery and it flashed fine, flashed one boot. Att.... Md5 and it flashed... Its only the firmwares giving me Fail (Auth) or just Write fail in lower versions of odin.

I stay in africa and most people use 19300 so it wont be easy to get a nandroid that i could just flash through recovery... Ive been trying since thursday.
    Anywhere i could get a nandroid for at&t s3 so i could just download and install then continue from there??

Please help me.