Touchwiz or Cyanogenmod 10.1

HNNNNNGHHH

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Depends on your preferences. If you need or want the TouchWiz exclusive features, stick with TouchWiz. If you really want a faster more vanilla android-esque ROM, go with CyanogenMod.

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
In my experiences with touchwiz, it starts off fast and then over time it gets slow. Samsung's response to this is to reboot into recovery and clear your cache, but who wants to do that every month.

With cm (or any other aosp, as most are based on can source) that issue is non existent. Three weeks in paranoid android remains as fast as the day I flashed it.

But if Samsung would make use of Linux's cron program. They could make a shell script that automatically wipes the cache every month. But they aren't that smart.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Snake Griffin

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
I really like the speediness and form factor of CM when I had it. I went back to TW because of bluetooth connectivity problems with CM, having BT not work correctly was a deal breaker for me. Also the Samsung camera was much better than the CM one.

blue_sector

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
I really like the speediness and form factor of CM when I had it. I went back to TW because of bluetooth connectivity problems with CM, having BT not work correctly was a deal breaker for me. Also the Samsung camera was much better than the CM one.

Can you elaborate about some of the deficiencies with the CM camera drivers versus Samsung?

velvetelvis

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I find that I get a lot less battery life on an aosp rom than a touch wiz rom. Also, the camera quality is a little worse on aosp because it doesn't have the software tweaks that tw roms use.

Uselessbass

Mar 4, 2012
Visit site
I was all about cm but in the end went back to touchwiz just I get better battery life my speaker seems louder and more native hardware stuff works as intended but cm is good just basic

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

HNNNNNGHHH

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I was all about cm but in the end went back to touchwiz just I get better battery life my speaker seems louder and more native hardware stuff works as intended but cm is good just basic

I don't know about you but sound on TouchWiz consisted of all highs and not enough mediums and lows with my experience using it.

CoreRooted

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site

Every time I try to go back to TouchWiz, I already get sick of it after about an hour and run [quickly] back to an ASOP ROM. Never fails, just cannot stand the bloat and crap.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay