AT&T Emergency Alerts

thecabolife

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone know why the S3 does not have emergency alerts with AT&T?

From AT&T website:

The following AT&T devices are WEA capable*:
?iPhone 5
?iPhone 4S
?Samsung Galaxy S4 (SGH-i337)
?Samsung Galaxy SII (SGH-i777)
?Samsung Captivate Glide (SGH-i927)
?Samsung Galaxy Appeal (SGH-i827)
?Nokia Lumia 520
?Nokia Lumia 1020
?LG Optimus G Pro (E980)
?BlackBerry 9360, 9810, 9860, 9900
?Motorola Atrix 2 (mb865)
?AT&T Z7998
?AT&T Avail 2 (ZTE 7992)
?AT&T Fusion 2 (Huawei U8665)
?Alcatel 510A
?Alcatel 871A

AT&T is committed to working with device makers to support this important alert messaging service. Additional WEA capable devices will continue to be made available.

Greg C

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Cell Broadcast - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It's really not needed seeing how Android 4.1 and up has Cell Broadcast which does the same thing.

Does anyone know why the S3 does not have emergency alerts with AT&T?

From AT&T website:

The following AT&T devices are WEA capable*:
?iPhone 5
?iPhone 4S
?Samsung Galaxy S4 (SGH-i337)
?Samsung Galaxy SII (SGH-i777)
?Samsung Captivate Glide (SGH-i927)
?Samsung Galaxy Appeal (SGH-i827)
?Nokia Lumia 520
?Nokia Lumia 1020
?LG Optimus G Pro (E980)
?BlackBerry 9360, 9810, 9860, 9900
?Motorola Atrix 2 (mb865)
?AT&T Z7998
?AT&T Avail 2 (ZTE 7992)
?AT&T Fusion 2 (Huawei U8665)
?Alcatel 510A
?Alcatel 871A

AT&T is committed to working with device makers to support this important alert messaging service. Additional WEA capable devices will continue to be made available.

stylez619

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
OP, are you asking this as a result of the California Amber Alert that went out on Monday night?

I ask because it seemed like I was also the only person who didn't receive that alert. I have some friends who were getting them at 11:30pm, and after hearing what it sounds like, I'm actually glad I didn't get it.

beartraprr

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I want this on my S3. I live in an area (South Florida) that is susceptible to flooding, hurricanes and the like. Recently when we were flooding a friends iphone went off, my S3 did not. Come on ATT this is pretty important.

I don't want the amber alerts just bad weather. Any idea who to contact?

John:(

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
I want this on my S3. I live in an area (South Florida) that is susceptible to flooding, hurricanes and the like. Recently when we were flooding a friends iphone went off, my S3 did not. Come on ATT this is pretty important.

I don't want the amber alerts just bad weather. Any idea who to contact?

John:(

My phone alerts me, I don't know why yours doesn't. It's gone off during bad thunderstorms and winter storms before (usually Google now and the cell broadcast goes off).

gtspeck

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
According to AT&T in New Orleans it's not available for the S3. It should come in a future update. Of course, no date given for the update.

JudH

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
I live in an area (South Florida) that is susceptible to flooding, hurricanes and the like .... I don't want the amber alerts just bad weather.

Option: Install an app like Weatherbug and turn on notifications. You can monitor just one zipcode or multiple areas at once.

Option: Get a Weather Underground (wunderground.com) account and set up alerts via SMS or email. Unlike weatherbug it lets you control exactly which types of weather alerts you want for example I don't want air quality alerts so I don't check that one.