- 27 Posts
LTE with voice?
Hello everyone. I just noticed today that when I make a phone call, my LTE goes away and switches me to 4g in the status bar. I may just not have noticed it before, but is this normal behavior? I don't think it always did this. I just moved to Layton, Utah... if that has anything to do with it. Also, when I end my call, it takes like 2-3 minutes to return to LTE. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
- 08-19-2013, 10:43 AM #2Banned
- 176 Posts
Re: LTE with voice?
Yes this is completely normal. It's due to the LTE radio inside the phone. It uses the LTE radio for the voice call, and switches data to hpsa+/3g because the LTE radio can only be used for one thing at once. When the call disconnects, it will reconnect the LTE radio to data. There you go, this is the way most LTE phones work. Hope I helped!
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using AC Forums mobile app
- By rrollar in forum Sprint Galaxy S II Epic 4G TouchReplies: 1Last Post: 08-23-2013, 10:20 PM
- By cl9189 in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 8Last Post: 08-20-2013, 10:06 PM
- By Shilohcane in forum Google ChromecastReplies: 2Last Post: 08-20-2013, 10:35 AM
- By mcefalu in forum Samsung Galaxy S3Replies: 1Last Post: 08-19-2013, 12:09 AM
- By WildCatBBN3 in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 1Last Post: 08-18-2013, 10:27 PM