Help Rooting 4.1.2 ATT S3

Symbianblack

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Hey I've searched the no tripping thread and I have not found any help on rooting my 4.1.2 S3. Can anyone point me to the direction of such method? Thank you

Drerunsit

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Hello. There are several threads and I'm sure Google results on this topic, but I will link you to the method I used. It was flawless and extremely simple.

How to Root AT&T Galaxy S3 SGH-I747! - YouTube

The only issue I had was when it came to rebooting after flashing Clockworkmod, because it would override CWM with stock recovery boot. The way to solve this is to uncheck the auto-reboot option when you're in Odin and about to flash CWM. Then, as soon as the flashing is done, remove the battery and replace it. When you start the phone, go straight into recovery mode (Hold Volume Up+Home Button+Power)

Hope this helps!

Drerunsit

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Last edited:

mattc12

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
You can use odin to flash a CF-Auto Root file which will automatically root your device via Odin. Look up d2att auto root and download the file, unzip it and flash through odin and you will be rooted. Tested and worked by me and others.

LINK CF-Root Download

KevLar72

May 20, 2013
Visit site
You should read up before you you root or flash roms.
If you don't you could cause REAL PROBLEMS and even make your device useless (Bricked)

With Odin you flash a custom recovery on to the device. You then flash a super user app which gives you full root access.
Once rooted you can choose a custom rom from XDA. You flash the rom thru the custom recovery you flashed earlier.