S3 stuck on Samsung Logo & shows dead robot with red triangle "!" in recovery mode

MexTex78

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
My Samsung Galaxy S3 was working perfectly ever since yesterday evening when I arrived home from work. I looked at the phone and noticed it was asking to do a wifi update to the newest version. I accepted the update and monitored the download. Upon completion, it said it would need to restart and I agreed. After the restart, the phone booted up to the point where the Samsung logo displayed and was stuck. I waited for about 20 minutes and the logo stayed, illuminated. I tried a soft reset, but it came to the same point and froze again. I read online to go to the recovery mode and do a hard reset and wipe the system back to factory default, so I did this a well. I rebooted the phone and I was back to the Samsung logo again and stuck. I ended up taking the phone to the AT&T service center to find out if I was still within the 1 year warranty period and wouldn't you know it, my one year warranty expired last month. Kinda makes me think Samsung is behind this. Anyways, the people at the store were nice enough to hook the phone up to their system and reset everything and install the new update. After the update was complete and the phone was restored, the tech said that she had never seen this before....Apparently the phone did not accept the reset and she called the phone a "brick" - whatever that is. She said that the phone has an internal data problem and that the phone is unfixable even if I sent it to Samsung for repair. WTH! The phone was working perfect and now an update renders it useless? That can't be. Is there something I can do to get Samsung to repair this? Is there a way to fix this phone on my own?

Phone Information: Samsung Galaxy S3 Model: SGH-I747 16GB

Recovery Mode Information:

Image: Dead Robot with Red Triangle (!)

E:failed to mount / system (no such file or directory
can't mount ' /system(no such file or directory)
E:failed to mount /data (No such file or directory)
can't mount '/data' (No such file or directory)
" " /system "
" " /cache "
" " mount/cache/recovery/log
" ' open/cache/recovery/log
And on and on and on.....

I appreciate your help. Let me know if you need any additional info. There isn't much I can't get off the phone at this point. I don't care if I loose the data, I just want my $500 phone to work.

Thanks again :)

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
My Samsung Galaxy S3 was working perfectly ever since yesterday evening when I arrived home from work. I looked at the phone and noticed it was asking to do a wifi update to the newest version. I accepted the update and monitored the download. Upon completion, it said it would need to restart and I agreed. After the restart, the phone booted up to the point where the Samsung logo displayed and was stuck. I waited for about 20 minutes and the logo stayed, illuminated. I tried a soft reset, but it came to the same point and froze again. I read online to go to the recovery mode and do a hard reset and wipe the system back to factory default, so I did this a well. I rebooted the phone and I was back to the Samsung logo again and stuck. I ended up taking the phone to the AT&T service center to find out if I was still within the 1 year warranty period and wouldn't you know it, my one year warranty expired last month. Kinda makes me think Samsung is behind this. Anyways, the people at the store were nice enough to hook the phone up to their system and reset everything and install the new update. After the update was complete and the phone was restored, the tech said that she had never seen this before....Apparently the phone did not accept the reset and she called the phone a "brick" - whatever that is. She said that the phone has an internal data problem and that the phone is unfixable even if I sent it to Samsung for repair. WTH! The phone was working perfect and now an update renders it useless? That can't be. Is there something I can do to get Samsung to repair this? Is there a way to fix this phone on my own?

Phone Information: Samsung Galaxy S3 Model: SGH-I747 16GB

Recovery Mode Information:

Image: Dead Robot with Red Triangle (!)

E:failed to mount / system (no such file or directory
can't mount ' /system(no such file or directory)
E:failed to mount /data (No such file or directory)
can't mount '/data' (No such file or directory)
" " /system "
" " /cache "
" " mount/cache/recovery/log
" ' open/cache/recovery/log
And on and on and on.....

[url]http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n63/DylanHerrera/get-attachmentaspx-3.jpeg[/URL]

I appreciate your help. Let me know if you need any additional info. There isn't much I can't get off the phone at this point. I don't care if I loose the data, I just want my $500 phone to work.

Thanks again :)

You can try to flash the prior ROM to your device. Go to Samsung updates .com, and look for the exact model of your phone. What you already gave us should be enough info.

albastaki786

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
Hi i was having same problem but i solve it just find out witch ver of firmware your phone is and re flash it by Odin just sample i was using 4.2.2 on Samsung galaxy grand i9082 and downloaded same version and re flash it just all

sandy2626

May 16, 2014
Visit site
Hi i was having same problem but i solve it just find out witch ver of firmware your phone is and re flash it by Odin just sample i was using 4.2.2 on Samsung galaxy grand i9082 and downloaded same version and re flash it just all

Hello
I have the same issue with a samsung galaxy s3 that i bought from ebay so i don't know which version of software it is. How i can do?
Thanks for help
Sandy

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to the forums!
i don't know which version of software it is
Your best bet is to use the Samsung Kies software on your computer to reload the firmware - it'll determine the correct firmware version to use based on your model number.

Or you could use a tool called Odin to reload the firmware manually. You can find the firmware here - select your device in the drop-down list in the upper left corner.

If you have a Best Buy nearby you can take it in and ask them to reload it for you. Or visit a local corporate store and they should be able to do it.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
exactly how do you do this manually from you computer after you download it?
how much would this cost if best buy or else where did it??
See my reply to your other thread - if the Power switch is causing the phone to constantly restart you'll need to solve that issue first.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk