Love the SIII, but have a few issues. Can anyone help?

arrosen

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
I have had the SIII for a few months, and like it a lot, but I am having some small annoying issues that I cannot find discussed anywhere else. If anyone knows how to fix these issues, I would appreciate it.

1. I have Swype+Dragon installed and set to my default keyboard. Whenever any keyboard is updated, the phone automatically sets the default keyboard back to Samsung Keyboard. Is there a way to have it keep Swype all the time, even after updates?

2. When I am in a scrollable list (contacts, email, gmail, etc.), after I scroll down, the phone will automatically scroll back up to the top after a second or so. It is as if I double-tapped the top of the list, but I haven't. This doesn't happen all the time, but fairly often.

3. I connected my phone to my fitbit, and now it won't connect to my car Bluetooth. I had to unpair the fitbit, remove the Bluetooth connections on both my car and my phone and start completely over for it to connect to my car again.

Thanks for any help that may be available!

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I have had the SIII for a few months, and like it a lot, but I am having some small annoying issues that I cannot find discussed anywhere else. If anyone knows how to fix these issues, I would appreciate it.

1. I have Swype+Dragon installed and set to my default keyboard. Whenever any keyboard is updated, the phone automatically sets the default keyboard back to Samsung Keyboard. Is there a way to have it keep Swype all the time, even after updates?

2. When I am in a scrollable list (contacts, email, gmail, etc.), after I scroll down, the phone will automatically scroll back up to the top after a second or so. It is as if I double-tapped the top of the list, but I haven't. This doesn't happen all the time, but fairly often.

3. I connected my phone to my fitbit, and now it won't connect to my car Bluetooth. I had to unpair the fitbit, remove the Bluetooth connections on both my car and my phone and start completely over for it to connect to my car again.

I think if you tried rebooting into recovery and clearing cache, that may help. Here is how: http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...ing-into-recovery-mode-galaxy-s2-s3-tab2.html

FishenFool

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site

1. Is it a paid version of Swype?
Is your Android version 4.1.x?
If the answer to both is yes then it is a known issue with paid keyboard apps that came from Google Play and Android version 4.1.x (it can be fixed if you are rooted)

2. There is a setting in Motion Controls that might be causing this.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using AC Forums mobile app