Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By srkmagnus
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Keeps crashing

My friend can use his phone for about 5 minutes or less. Not sure what update he is running since it crashes before we can see that. It first started with a battery drain and now crashing. He is unrooted and stock

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    13,381 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Default Re: Keeps crashing

Quote Originally Posted by gotta have it android View Post
    My friend can use his phone for about 5 minutes or less. Not sure what update he is running since it crashes before we can see that. It first started with a battery drain and now crashing. He is unrooted and stock

Posted via Android Central App
    Recommend to your friend that he backup any/all data on the phone then factory reset. You can do this from within the phone system settings or via recovery. Here is a guide on doing the factory reset from recovery: http://forums.androidcentral.com/amb...ifference.html

When you re-install apps do so one by one and see if the issue restarts after installing a particular app. Often times a "bad" app can create the OS to crash and become unusable. By bad, I mean a poorly written app, an app that is causing conflict with other apps or a malicious app.

If that does not resolve the problem then consider looking at the battery, which often can produce these unwanted results if going bad. Replacing the battery can be the cheapest piece of hardware to replace other than sending the device in for repair.
    Golfdriver97 likes this.