Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By srkmagnus
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Keeps crashing

My friend can use his phone for about 5 minutes or less. Not sure what update he is running since it crashes before we can see that. It first started with a battery drain and now crashing. He is unrooted and stock

Posted via Android Central App

Liked what I did or helped you out? A simple "thanks" would be great!
    If you want me to reply to you in a quick fashion hit the "reply with quote" or send me a message so it can be done
    Samsung Intercept(retired), HTC Hero(retired), Motorola Atrix 2(game phone"let's see what new ROM I can put on this today"), Samsung Galaxy S3(main phone), Asus Nexus 7(better than my parents iPad)

Global Posts
    6,763 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Default Re: Keeps crashing

Quote Originally Posted by gotta have it android View Post
    My friend can use his phone for about 5 minutes or less. Not sure what update he is running since it crashes before we can see that. It first started with a battery drain and now crashing. He is unrooted and stock

Posted via Android Central App
    Recommend to your friend that he backup any/all data on the phone then factory reset. You can do this from within the phone system settings or via recovery. Here is a guide on doing the factory reset from recovery: [Guide] [Info] Custom recoveries versus Stock. Is there a difference?

When you re-install apps do so one by one and see if the issue restarts after installing a particular app. Often times a "bad" app can create the OS to crash and become unusable. By bad, I mean a poorly written app, an app that is causing conflict with other apps or a malicious app.

If that does not resolve the problem then consider looking at the battery, which often can produce these unwanted results if going bad. Replacing the battery can be the cheapest piece of hardware to replace other than sending the device in for repair.
    Thanked by:
    Golfdriver97 likes this.