I did a forum search and didn't come up with any threads that answered my question. How do you enable NFC on the AT&T S3? I know the battery must have NFC capability but is there anything else that has to be done using a stock OS (non-rooted). When enabled is it the ISIS NFC or just NFC?
- 09-18-2013, 11:28 AM #2
Re: Enable NFC
To the best of my knowledge you must replace the stock battery with one that is NFC enabled. Without the NFC enabled battery you can't have NFC. Reason I'm asking about the AT&T ISIS NFC is AT&T deliberately disabled the NFC function because they wanted the phone to only use their ISIS NFC which is about to be rolled out nationwide. That's why the phone comes with a non-NFC battery.
- 09-18-2013, 12:17 PM #4
- 09-19-2013, 11:54 AM #6
- 09-20-2013, 12:46 PM #7
- By slagman5 in forum T-Mobile Galaxy S3Replies: 1Last Post: 09-22-2013, 02:26 PM
- By slagman5 in forum Samsung Galaxy S3Replies: 5Last Post: 09-19-2013, 01:15 AM
- By majiklantrn in forum Moto XReplies: 3Last Post: 09-18-2013, 08:54 PM
- By BillDennes in forum Motorola Droid MAXXReplies: 4Last Post: 09-17-2013, 11:13 PM
- By rjack22 in forum Motorola Droid MAXXReplies: 2Last Post: 09-17-2013, 01:08 PM