1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Old Galaxy s3 died completely, what will I be able to recover from it when I get a new phone?

I dropped my phone a couple weeks ago and it cracked pretty badly and I guess it effected the power button, but long story short, it wouldn't turn on or charge or anything. Went to the AT&T store, they told me I had to get a new phone. No problemo, just one thing: I was stupid and never thought to back up anything like my pictures. Will they be recovered? Or how about music I didn't download from play store? If yes, can anyone tell me how I can do so? My new phone is coming in the mail, would I just go to the AT&T store?

Default Re: Old Galaxy s3 died completely, what will I be able to recover from it when I get a new phone?

take both phones to the AT&T store and perhaps they can transfer over some of your data. perhaps some of it has been retained on your old S3's SD card. hopefully your contacts, calendar, etc. is backed up automatically in the cloud. i recommend using Gmail and Dropbox.

Dropbox and SugarSync referrals here!

Global Posts
    290 Global Posts

Default Re: Old Galaxy s3 died completely, what will I be able to recover from it when I get a new phone?

The sim might have some stuff on it as well. If the phone is not booting, there are people who can maybe fix it/recover data, but it ain't free. Warranty or no, I doubt Samsung or ATT would give you the sweat off their rear end let alone offer data recovery service for a dead handset. They must get asked for that 1,000 times a day.