Lost my Galaxy S3,

John King5

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
I dont have the insurance pack or any prior downloaded apps to track my phone. I lost it last night around 730. How can I find my phone??

Eduardo Galvan

May 5, 2013
Visit site
Apart from that, login to your Google account and go to the device manager. (Search it on Google, its a new free service Google's offering.) Select your S3 and click locate. It'll GPS it and tell you where it is.

Posted via Android Central App

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Apart from that, login to your Google account and go to the device manager. (Search it on Google, its a new free service Google's offering.) Select your S3 and click locate. It'll GPS it and tell you where it is.

Does that work even if location services and GPS are disabled?

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Its cause I've never really met a person with the GPS disabled.
Its not like its a battery waster either..on my Note/other Galaxy devices, it didn't affect me at all.

I always disable the GPS and in my experience it does make difference in battery life.

from my Sony XTZ

rishabh008

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Hello buddy!

Yesterday, my brand new Note 3 got stolen.. :-(

Thanks for telling me about this Google Device Manager feature. It is definitely an interesting thing to explore.

My question is:
Since, my device was stolen, the thief switched it off and presumably threw my SIM card immediately. Since, the mobile data and GPS won't be on now, will it be possible for me to ever catch the location of my device. My Gmail account was configured in it and I just tried to use this Device Manager feature, it does not fetch my location but says "Last used on October 1, 2013".

If the phone will ever be switched on, will this feature update the location of my phone then?
Will this work if the phone is reset/formatted (i.e. when my Gmail account is erased)?

And last, but not the least... "Will I ever be able to trace my phone" :-( :-(

Would really appreciate your help on this

Last edited by a moderator:

Eduardo Galvan

May 5, 2013
Visit site
Hello buddy!

Yesterday, my brand new Note 3 got stolen.. :-(

Thanks for telling me about this Google Device Manager feature. It is definitely an interesting thing to explore.

My question is:
Since, my device was stolen, the thief switched it off and presumably threw my SIM card immediately. Since, the mobile data and GPS won't be on now, will it be possible for me to ever catch the location of my device. My Gmail account was configured in it and I just tried to use this Device Manager feature, it does not fetch my location but says "Last used on October 1, 2013".

If the phone will ever be switched on, will this feature update the location of my phone then?
Will this work if the phone is reset/formatted (i.e. when my Gmail account is erased)?

And last, but not the least... "Will I ever be able to trace my phone" :-( :-(

Would really appreciate your help on this

Late response, sorry. It doesn't matter if the SIM is gone. If it's connected to WiFi and it has your Gmail connected, you might find it.
Good luck.

Lester Rodriguez

Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
is an android????

is so, go to android market on any computer and download PLAN B app. it will give you a location and a map to were your phones is..... this is the best app. to locate any android phone....

KreepyKen

Just a cool guy
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
is an android????

is so, go to android market on any computer and download PLAN B app. it will give you a location and a map to were your phones is..... this is the best app. to locate any android phone....

Plan B ONLY works for phones running Android 2.0 through 2.3. So unless you found a way to install Gingerbread on your S3, this is not going to work.

iN8ter

Banned
Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
Waste of time. These phones are too easy to factory reset when stolen. You aren't getting this phone back.

Get insurance next time.

Carrier isn't tracking anything without a court order. Don't bother asking. They will laugh at you.

Sent from my Galaxy S III using Tapatalk 4

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

Device manager also has to be activated in Google Settings on the device before it can be used.

From a Sprint Moto X on AC forums app.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Does that work even if location services and GPS are disabled?

Its cause I've never really met a person with the GPS disabled.
Its not like its a battery waster either..on my Note/other Galaxy devices, it didn't affect me at all.

Location access does need to be enabled. GPS however does not. I would imagine GPS does provide a more precise location.

From a Sprint Moto X on AC forums app.

Gera Avenido

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
someone stole my phone at the jeepney station, please tell me how could i able to trace the location of my pone, or where can i find the device manager, please./ thanks