- 1 Posts
Galaxy S3 overheated and now wont turn on
I plugged in my phone to charge overnight (as usual) and about an hour into the charging I noticed the phone got extremely hot. Not the cord, or the plug... just the phone. I unplugged it and went back to sleep. In the morning it wouldnt turn on (in fact it still isnt turning on) I tried the up+power+home button but the samsung logo comes on then it powers off. I have it plugged it but it wont even confirm its charging. I havent had any issues with my charger.
Is my phone a goner?
- 09-30-2013, 11:21 AM #2
- 09-30-2013, 11:42 AM #3
- 83 Posts
Re: Galaxy S3 overheated and now wont turn on
Take the battery out of the phone and let it sit for 10 minutes. Put the battery back in and see if it boots. Depending on how old the phone is, and your usage and care of the battery, it could be a bad battery if it the phone is getting hot.
- By luqman24 in forum Samsung Galaxy S3Replies: 10Last Post: 10-19-2013, 12:38 AM
- By scottgoodhill in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 4Last Post: 10-01-2013, 07:05 AM
- By Alextodd1 in forum Android 4.1 / 4.2 / 4.3 Jelly BeanReplies: 1Last Post: 09-30-2013, 11:12 AM
- By Guvner in forum HTC OneReplies: 1Last Post: 09-30-2013, 10:34 AM
- By OhAlfie in forum LG G2Replies: 0Last Post: 09-30-2013, 09:46 AM