- 2 Posts
Is my s3 dead?
Hello, hope someone can confirm whether it's time to get a new phone. Last night I set my alarm on my phone and went to bed with plenty of battery life still on the phone. I woke up half an hour late in the morning to find my alarm hadn't gone off. I reached for the phone to find it appears to be completely powered down and not responding to powering on.
I swapped battery with my partners as she also has an s3 and still nothing, no lights or anything. I plugged mine into the wall but nothing. It's just completely dead. The only thing I did differently the day before was install warring empires and dumb ways to die from google play store, and the phone was fine when I left it.
Ive tried hard reset and nothing. My phone is effectively an expensive paperweight.
I haven't installed any unusual software or anything like that either. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks
- 09-30-2013, 12:12 PM #2
Re: Is my s3 dead?
Unfortunately a device that won't power up even with a different battery and charger does not seem to stand a very good chance... That being said, there are a few things you could try:
1) Remove the battery and leave out for at least 24 hours. In the meantime, make sure YOUR battery works with your partner's phone.
2) With the battery removed, press and hold the power button and the home button at the same time for a few seconds.
3) Re-charge your battery in your partner's phone if possible. When the 24h have passed, plug in your charger first and then re-insert the battery; if you didn't get a chance to charge the battery first, then leave it on the charger without pressing any buttons for at least 15 minutes. Again, press and hold power and home for a few seconds. This should restart your phone. If it doesn't, try powering up using only the power button. If nothing happens, then I'm afraid it's time for a repair or change.
- 09-30-2013, 12:16 PM #3
- 09-30-2013, 04:20 PM #5
- By Joey_C in forum Google Nexus 10 TabletReplies: 5Last Post: 10-01-2013, 10:21 AM
- By jessicarabbit85 in forum AT&T Galaxy S3Replies: 2Last Post: 09-30-2013, 11:42 AM
- By Alextodd1 in forum Android 4.1 / 4.2 / 4.3 Jelly BeanReplies: 1Last Post: 09-30-2013, 11:12 AM
- By OhAlfie in forum LG G2Replies: 0Last Post: 09-30-2013, 09:46 AM
- By AliMil in forum Droid BionicReplies: 1Last Post: 09-30-2013, 06:01 AM